DKK and Psykers

Silas7

All this talk about smite spam nerfs have me wondering if any kriegers out there were taking any psykers in their lists, and if you were how and why were you using them.

Edited by Silas7

The only Kriegsmen I used are death riders and the psychers can´t keep up without investing in transports. And even then, the psychers can´t join the flank march. But for regular DKK I think nightsroud and the +1 SV powers are good.

Without mercy gives the same firepower over 12”.

I don’t think smite will give cover the firepower boost FRFSRF gives at 12” or less.

DKoK can bring yarrick along and if he is the WL he can give first rank second rank to one infantry unit.

Death riders do seem like the standout unit that most guard commanders can't ignore, but i was thinking on how to use the psychic phase to offset the lack of FRFSRF.

While Death Riders are amazing, I think most Guard players like them because they so embody the great anachronistic attitude of IG while letting use actually use horsies. Horsies!

Without mercy gives the same firepower over 12”.

I don’t think smite will give cover the firepower boost FRFSRF gives at 12” or less.

DKoK can bring yarrick along and if he is the WL he can give first rank second rank to one infantry unit.

I agree Without Mercy is great for free full range rapid fire and helps the squad tarpit and still shoot and fight. As for Yarrick I never considered to take for various reasons, one of them being I like to use mono-armies but since psykers are not listed in the krieg army list either, I might try looking at other units to ally in if it feels like it fits with the krieg style or a reasonable narrative for their being.