Thoughts from first seven games of the new codex

superwill

It is an good option for your alphastrike. If one dies you have at least two preds who can dish out damage. What would be your favorite loadout for killshotpreds?

Autolas for flexibility I think. Heavy bolters are not powerful enough to really benefit from them Killshot stratagem since they will only be wounding vehicles and MCs on a 4+ and only causing 2 (up from 1 wounds each). On the other hand, quad las is probably overkill on a 3-tank squadron unless your opponent brings a LOT of tanks or runs Nidzilla. Overall I think Autolas gives the most flexibility while retaining the anti-tank potential to benefit from the Killshot stratagem.

What do you think about using a Baal Pred? the Assault Cannons are nice, bu the sponson weapons aren't great for the strategm.

Baal predators cannot benefit from Killshot due to the way the stratagem is worded.

It calls out "BLOOD ANGELS Predators", the use of the lowercase word means the unit name and not the keyword, so it is only the normal Predator that benefits.

If it said BLOOD ANGELS PREDATOR then you could use it.

Las/HB Predators are pretty great. The Twin Lascannons definitely do the lion's share of the work under Killshot, but extra firepower can definitely squeeze through an extra couple of wounds finish off a target, and against hordes of dudes the Heavy Bolters are very useful to have.

Also they're only like 160pts, which makes them much easier to slot into a list

Looking at Killshot again I have to agree that Baal Predators do not benefit from it. 

I am wondering the same about Datalink Telemetry. It says it affects a BLOOD ANGELS Whirlwind, so I guess that means it would not affect a FW Relic Whirlwind Scorpius? The Scorpious has the WHIRLWIND keyword but the stratagem uses "Whirlwind" not "WHIRLWIND"

Is there confirmation either way on this? Whirlwind auto hits is alright, Scorpius auto hits would be insane...

Edited by Diagramdude

Yeah, like I mentioned, they were running with no support and it was just one game. Keen to give them another run, on paper I think they look good. They definitely are harder to kill than DC.

I've been running the three preds as one with quadlas, one with autocannon and las sponsons and one with autocannon and HB sponsons. The HBs are still great I reckon, lots of two-wound models have invulns and don't need more than -1 anyway. With split shots I usually find a good target for everything. I'm thinking of adding a fourth with the autocannon and lascannons though.

For inceptors, I've used 3 plasma inceptors and 3-6 bolter inceptors most games. I think both are great. The squad that wiped the 10 Dark Talon bikes was just 3 plasma inceptors.

Edited by superwill

I've been running the three preds as one with quadlas, one with autocannon and las sponsons and one with autocannon and HB sponsons. The HBs are still great I reckon, lots of two-wound models have invulns and don't need more than -1 anyway. With split shots I usually find a good target for everything. I'm thinking of adding a fourth with the autocannon and lascannons though.

Just bear in mind (your comment was unclear) that Killshot only gives a bonus to wound/damage vs Monsters and Vehicles. I mention this because you talked about 2W models, which tend to not be Monster/Vehicle models

Looking at Killshot again I have to agree that Baal Predators do not benefit from it.

I am wondering the same about Datalink Telemetry. It says it affects a BLOOD ANGELS Whirlwind, so I guess that means it would not affect a FW Relic Whirlwind Scorpius? The Scorpious has the WHIRLWIND keyword but the stratagem uses "Whirlwind" not "WHIRLWIND"

Is there confirmation either way on this? Whirlwind auto hits is alright, Scorpius auto hits would be insane...

Didn't the scorpius go way up in points in chapter approved?

I used the BA whirlwind with landspeeder stratagem the other day, I don't care what anyone says that thing did work.

EDIT - nope I was wrong about scorpius, don't see it in CA.

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard