Pure Tempestus. Possible?

librisrouge

I know that Scions have taken a hit recently, but I’m tempted to go full stormtrooper to represent Inquisitorial Stormtroopers seconded to the inquisition.

How would I go about making a 1500ish MT list? It’d be carrying the lion’s share of AT duty, too.

Edited by librisrouge

I've been building up a Tempestus force using the Start Collecting boxes. If you're going all in with Scions is it worth mounting them in Taurox Primes? Between the Taurox Battle Cannons and Autocannons it seems like there's a fair amount of light anti-tank capability, and the 2-shot Missile Launchers might do well enough against most other heavy targets. Everybody seems to deep strike with them, and to be honest in the two games that I fielded my Tempestus to supplement my Cadians, they deep struck. I just couldn't spare the points for the Taurox Primes in those lists, but I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile in a pure Tempestus list. I've been a little hesitant about taking transports in 8th, but my buddy is doing well with his Steel Legion army, so I'm wondering if I should reconsider?

It depends what you mean by "pure". If you mean just units with the MT keyword, I think you'd struggle. If you include auxiliaries (i.e. your detachment qualifies as an MT regiment) then I think it'd doable.

I am veeery slooowly building a MT force themed around scions in valkyries/vendettas, but even then I'm struggling to resist the temptation to take a regular guard detachment in support.

I think an all Storm Trooper army with air support would look pretty cool on the field, very black hawk downish. Since they have revised the Valk, its at least slightly better as a support gunship and transport. Vendetta is still kind of meh since they didn't do the Valk treatment to it. Vultures are still ace though and would be good for chewing through hordes. I would do it in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a half painted elysian army. The only issue I would see is starting units on the board. If it were me, I would have a spear head detachment of a regular guard force with mortars just for cheap units on the board that can actually do something in addition to counting as on board units.