BA Inceptors

Explorer1

I've seen a few people mention Inceptors. I've been thinking about them as an addition to a JP list including Death Company and SG. One of the biggest problems with this sort of list are screens and bubble wrap. I've tried Dev squads with Heavy Bolters to clear screens, but they are susceptible to being alpha struck. Inceptors deep striking down and clearing the way for DC and/or SG, seems pretty strong. My thinking is running a Vanguard detachment with 6 Acolytes form the Inquisition index for "boots on the ground", and then deploying most everything else in deep strike reserve to come in as and when I wan them.

Thoughts from folks who have run Inceptors. How big were your squads? Did you run bolters or plasma? How did they work out?

They are both good now with point adjustment. I would not say seriously undercosted. I think the comparison between bolter devastators and bolter investor is right, they have similarities in fire output and inceptor does a good job.

Plasma is close to hellblaster, the later have more wounds and so but inceptor can deep strike and move a lot more.

The real loser here is the assault squad, the plasma loadout is not really justified anymore unless you really are short on points.