Kenny's Ramblings -Knights of Blood, XIII Legion, IG, Stuff

Kennyjapan

Righto! 

I feel its time to create a thread! With the aim of stabilising my fluctuating will to paint... and somewhere my myriad ramblings can exist in one place :happy.:

This thread will follow my frequent, and often unannounced, turns in my interest's as i attempt to actually have clear armies, both 30k and 40k, rather than many many many armies.... usually with only 2 men in :rolleyes:

So! without further ado! My KoB from the Tales of Hobbyists this year as my main Space Marine focus at the moment, with some Guard... my other 40k focus... for now

Doing my own expanded fluff for the KoB as I'd started on most of it before all the new stuff about them came out

Warlord Frederick Marshall (Chapter Master) of the Knights of Blood

g5oy8am.jpg

MZxx4A0.jpg

79colxC.jpg

1st Platoon Commander - 1st Company, 1st Heavy Infantry Battalion - Brunswick Grenadiers

kq1XrUB.jpg

1st Platoon Command Squad - 1st Company, 1st Heavy Infantry Battalion - Brunswick Grenadiers

7INUJ8X.jpg

2nd Platoon Commander - 1st Company, 1st Heavy Infantry Battalion - Brunswick Grenadiers

BYtmznX.jpg

3rd Platoon Commander - 1st Company, 1st Heavy Infantry Battalion - Brunswick Greandiers

7qSVhWE.jpg

that's it for now, will get round to taking photo's and posting more soon =)

Update of an Imperial Guard nature!

3rd Squad of 1st Platoon has been finished! Creating my very first fully painted micro formation (and to reward myself I painted the Company Commander too :rolleyes:)

==+==

Pict-Recording: 1st Platoon, 'Alpha' Company - 10th Brunswick Grenadiers

Manoeuvre Training - Urban Simulation

T0vJzDb.jpg?1

nImGJz3.jpg

-Report Excerpt-

Lieutenant Adler in centre of formation, 

Command Squad Adler in close proximity as per regulation orders

- Note - Veteran Selik of Command Squad Adler has left formation: can be seen on left

​Veteran Selik's non-regulation manoeuvre : Questionable

- speculation: better firing position for Veteran Selik's grenade launcher in firing line assistance

Verbal Reprimand of Veteran Selik advised

-Report End-

-Select Infantryman's Review-

5ZDx4Pd.jpg?1

Veteran Sergeant Emst - 2nd Veteran Squad, 1st Company

- Uniform and Equipment in adequate maintenance -

Purple veteran stripe on helmet needs to be more prominent: Rectify Immediately

OKGoSPN.jpg?1

Guardsman 1493593-0035

Dirt on Entrenching tool

Non-regulation purple stripe on shoulder pad

Immediate reprimand advised

hLSONdr.jpg?1

Guardsman 1940259-0122

Portable field charge unit in good maintenance

Armour requires a greater level of polish

No immediate action required

11b0yRA.jpg?1

Sergeant Eugen - 1st Squad Sergeant

Utilisation of 'Potato Masher' grenade - as allowed by his rank

non-combat, non-regulation items carried

Reprimand advised

Infantry Review End

==+==

That axe is brutal!

The purple of the guardsmen will go well with the red of the Knights.

Cheers! I must admit I did enjoy making that axe.... although now i'm paranoid about it breaking so I haven't taken him out for any games yet :ermm:

Very nice models you've got yourself there.
I really like how you've painted the skin on your guardsmen. It looks really natural and nice.
I also agree with Pearson, the purple and the red of the KoB will go well together

Thank you =), and I agree the red and purple work fantastically together.... as in the guardsmen's blood staining their uniforms after the KoB "accidentally" cause a "few" friendly fire casualties.... :whistling:

Edited by Kennyjapan

The "chain-bayonets" affixed to the haft of the double-headed chainaxe are absolutely brilliant. I humbly offer my praise and the promise that I'm totally stealing your idea. :smile.:

Cheers =), And feel free :biggrin.:

Now for an update

Brother Karath - Squad Reylar, "Pyres of Harathor" Warband - Knights of Blood 3rd Company

I6KksC5.jpg

YIu6t2R.jpg

ehOCIj1.jpg

A veteran of over a century of war, Karath had stood at Sergeant Reylar's side for most of his tenure as a full space marine,

notable amongst his brothers as a Knight of Blood not as affected by his Chapter's curse, often holding a semblance of control, compared to his kin.

Solid, taciturn and dependable, Karath's bolter fire had saved his sergeant from death on many occasions,

mostly when Sergeant Reylar lost his 'focus' in combat.

It is a shame really, I saw a lot of myself in him, at least when he was not under the black rage's grip.

-Captain Alec Nicanor, Doom Legion 7th Company

Brother Veras - Squad Reylar, "Pyres of Harathor" Warband - Knights of Blood 3rd Company

n4v4TvL.jpg

Brother Veras. A warrior who may as well have been a flame.

Warm, Bright and burning with passion. At least when he was a friend.

Once battle joined and his blood lust rose,

he was a thundering wildfire, immolating all in his path. A fire has no friends.

-Captain Alec Nicanor, Doom Legion 7th Company

So this starts my project to have multiple armies fully painted which will fit neatly together on the tabletop and utilise every model I own. This will be done by making a fluff scenario of an Imperial Sector under Chaos attack with multiple formations from different chapters and armies rallying to force them  back (and maybe a cheeky Tau exploit aiming to yoink some land while people aren't looking) But more on that in the next post =)

C&C always welcome =) 

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little busy, but am now prepared to unveil my mass 40k project!

The Coria Cluster Campaign

This project will be an attempt to have every model i own painted, based and tabletop ready in the form of a background and picture heavy campaign.

The armies will be built in a modular nature and will be interchangeable to create new ways of playing as well as reflect the idea that some imperial forces have only been able to dispatch small units consisting of no more than a few tactical squads, compared to others who have dedicated whole companies.

The antagonists, or instigators, as I will refer to them will be my xenos/ traitor armies (which also require the 'everything painted treatment'

Prelim Background

The Coria Cluster's primary planetary system, The Daessore system, has become a major combat site since the appearance of the great rift due to the mineral rich nature of both its core and outer worlds, as well as the other systems in the cluster. The cluster is located in an isolated region the far eastern reaches of the 500 worlds and as such, whilst technically a member state of Ultramar generally receives little to no support from distant Macragge and the Ultramarines.

Instigators

Chaos Warband "The Forgotten of Calth" - often refereed to as "The Abandoned"

ZYliyBA.jpg

Formerly the 9th Century of the XIII Legion's 168th Company. They alone from their company remained on the planet's surface whilst the rest of the company redirected to the emerging threats in the nearby Castus System. What occurred for the 9th Century during the fall of Calth is not documented, however, speculation leads to the Century being stranded in a remote arcology before eventually falling to Chaos as a means of escape. Since the forming of the great rift The Forgotten have been raiding the outer eastern rims of Ultramar. Now they have chosen the Daessore System as their next Target

Tau Forces - Unkown Designation - Vior'la Sept Markings confirmed

wHIcfI9.jpg

A Tau strike force of the Vior'la sept, utilising the Chaos from the Forgotten's attacks, have launched an assault deep into the hives of Daessore IV, their objectives are unknown.

Defenders

Adeptus Astartes forces

apVvKbT.jpg

A number of Chapters responded to the distress calls from the local Daessore PDF in various complements.

The Knights of Blood 3rd Warhost (Company) although deployed in aid of the imperial forces, did so in remote areas, far from 'allied' forces except for a couple of engagements where they tenuously fought alongside a detachment from the Doom Legion Chapter.

The Subjucators brought a small force of devastators. This force has been essential in bolstering the Battle Company deployed by the Executioners, especially as the Executioners are known to bring a Sternguard squad rather than a second Devastator squad.

Deployments of differing sizes from the Hammers of Dorn, Night Watch, Iron Knights, Storm Wardens, Shadow Wolves and Disciples of Caliban have also engaged

Imperial Guard Forces

omDUaAB.jpg

X Brunswick Grenadiers and elements of the Castus 5th Battlegroup Delta arrived to assist the besieged system and have both been allocated to a range of operations, both defensive with PDF forces and offensive alongside Astartes strikes.

More to come soon =)