Mind Worm and Empyric Channelling

Orkinstein

Hi Brothers,

Every time when I was reading the wording of Mind Worm, I always wounder why it says "even if they charged", because it only "lasts until the end of your turn". How can an enemy unit charge in my turn??:huh.:

blp6wse.jpg

Then I found this stratagem.....:ph34r.:

GJngPiR.jpg

It says "at the start of A Psychic phase", not "your Psychic phase". So you can use it at the start of your opponent's Psychic phase.:biggrin.:

Imagine that a squad of death company used their awesome extra movement to the face of your gun line. You cast Mind Worm to them then they have to fight after all other units until the end of your turn....:teehee:

This is interesting. I just checked the other marine codexes and the vanilla Space marine stratagem is worded the same as Dark Angels "start of a psychic phase" but the blood angels is "start of your psychic phase". A bit weird, think it's intentional? It's just like how the Killshot strategem is worded slightly differently from space Marines and chaos (chaos only adds 1 to damage *rolls* not just flat damage).

Anyway, if it's intended like that, it does open a lot of defensive combos for protecting your gun line. Aversion, Trephination with the +2 bonus to the rest thanks to the stratagem. Besides the stratagem, I think Mind Worm has the wording "even if they charged" because some units have the ability to charge out of their own phase + future proofing for non releases codexes.