Militarum Tempestus and the Savlar Chem-Dogs

CaptainMarsh

So, we've had a bit of a debate at the store recently regarding Regimental Doctrines. To me, it seems RAI that the only units in the game that can benefit from the Stormtrooper Doctrine are the Militarum Tempestus units- Scions, Command Squad, Tempestor Prime, Taurox Prime. However, the argument is as follows: When using a custom regiment, you may pick the Doctrine you desire. So if I were using the Savlar Chem-Dogs, I could say they use the Stormtrooper Doctrine. The Regimental Keyword would be Savlar Chem-Dogs, and the Chem-Dogs can use the Storm Trooper Doctrine in the same way a custom Space Marine Chapter could use any of the Chapter Tactics in the Space Marine book. 

They wouldn't have access to the Order, Relic, or Warlord Trait, but they would have the Doctrine.

Then he horrified me with 2000 pts of Spearhad, with Storm Trooper Mortars and Leman Russ Battle Tanks scaring me. So, what say ye? 

Storm troopers is a doctrine just like any other. You can give it to any unit in any custom regiment, and it will work normally. 

The only particular thing about MT is the fact that they retain their doctrine and do not interfere with another regiment's doctrine when taken in the same detachment.

The whole thing is quite badly conceived in my opinion because it is quite confusing, but overall it seems to work. Just consider the doctrine and the named regiment separately, as they should.