Rebasing my BA

Are Verlo

There are no official 40k rules about base size any more. Even tournaments seem to be easing off as long as you're not taking the mick, given the many repacks to different sizes. Now templates are no longer a thing, it's much less important than it used to be. Larger bases extend aura reach; but also make it harder to fit models in tighter spaces and escape combat so it's somewhat self-balancing. If you'd rather keep your old models on their original bases, that's entirely acceptable. I'd agree mixing bases within a unit looks a bit odd though.

The GW approach now seems to be mostly 'rule of cool' - i.e. whatever base size fits the model best. 25mm for power armour was definitely getting rather tight; overhanging feet and weapons etc particularly for characters. 32mm does make sense, especially for jump pack units where it helps stop them falling over. There does seem to be a trend for new characters to get a base size bump from their similarly armoured troopers (e.g. primaris and death guard characters mostly getting 40mm) presumably to show them off and make them easier to pick out.

Scouts could go either way; 32mm gives them room to breath, but they are less bulky than their power armoured brothers so 25mm is still a reasonable size for them. 

For older metal slottabases, just cut off the tabs and pin them to whatever base size suits.

The 32s look like a good size on oldmarines as well as new, and they definitely help keep top heavy minis like jump packs upright (particularly metal/resin). The exception; I’m thinking about keeping a new unit of sniper scouts to 25mm so they have a better chance of staying on smaller ledges of terrain; which also matches an old vindicare that likes to hide in high places.