Cool Detail of the new Codex

Aothaine

I was reading through the units in our codex and I was happy to find that even in the lore Blood Angels now mix Tactical and Intecessor squads in deployments.

So they run tactical squads for the more specific roles and Intecessors as all-around support. I think this is a very important point to make for those that think GW is going to be phasing out the old line. If gives GW a good reason to keep making the old kits and the new. 

Regardless if they do phase out the older miniatures I still love our new dex and continue to find more things I enjoy about it ever day.

They won't phase out the old kits, but I doubt they'll ever see another update. This is ok for us because the tactical, dev, and ASM kits are fairly fresh (especially the BA tactical box). In time the models will start to show their age and people will stop buying them. Then and only then will they stop making them.

The saddest part of this is really our scouts. A great and popular troop choice but an ugly kit.

Edited by Bonzi

They won't phase out the old kits, but I doubt they'll ever see another update. This is ok for us because the tactical, dev, and ASM kits are fairly fresh (especially the BA tactical box). In time the models will start to show their age and people will stop buying them. Then and only then will they stop making them.

The saddest part of this is really our scouts. A great and popular troop choice but an ugly kit.

Agreed, however they already show their age imo. Not just because of Primaris but also because of Deathwatch and TSons.

With the primaris being larger than your average space marine doesn't that make scouts just the right size?

Also the scout bikers look okay. As long as the models are plastic I'm usually okay with it. But to not use the Blood Angel Tactical Box or Blood Angel specific terminator boxes simply because of size seems silly. They are beautiful sculpts.

Something else I found was reading about Reivers. Apparently the Blood Angels look down on the Reivers because of their terror tactics and desire to not charge the foe head on. Very interesting stuff to see how Blood Angels are reacting differently to each of the Primaris' roles on the battle field. Good stuff.

Yep, I like that they're giving nuance to the introduction of Primaris, rather than the anticipated (by some, at least) "they're the awesomest and everyone loves them and immediately killed their standard Marine squads to make room for more Primaris".

It'd be interesting to see if they change the attitudes towards the Redemptor Dreadnought in future, given the rapid burnout of the interred pilot. Given the respect shown towards those who earn the right to be interred, it'd be interesting to see if the Blood Angels end up using the Redemptor as a chassis for those who either are about to fall, or have fallen to the Black Rage, creating in essence a Super Death Company Dreadnought. I mean, the Redemptor indicates that it can contain standard Marines as pilots, so even if the Primaris avoid the Black Rage we could still inter our existing Death Company, not have to worry about the burnout, and have a pilot who can really take advantage of the increased strength and mobility.