The Red Fail! post your complete "Fail" moves

VAeric

Well I burned 2 command points for the Descent of Angels to finish off a Magnus with my 10 man Death Company.  I then proceeded to roll 3 ones for the charge roll...  aaahhh! its not even worth burning a command point to re roll that!  He then went on to completely destroy my DC down to two Marines through his other stuff shooting. 

This one "Fail"  cost me the game.  Anybody else fail this bad?

Ahaha I have TWO even:

First vs Ultramarines I drew Supremacy T1 and figured that with an all out alpha strike I could actually hold all 6 markers. Too bad I forgot about the one Gulliman was standing on with his big base. Needless to say my whole alpha strike (3 Inceptors, 10 DC, Lemartes, 4 Sanguinary Guard and my Captain) got utterly obliterated in my opponents T1. Ouch. Worst 40K move ever for me.

The second happend when I Wings of Fire’d my Captain (2 wounds left) across the board to catch Phoenix King Karandras with his pants down after he’d failed his charge in his turn. Spent another 2 CP on the other strat to make sure to get my charge in, did so with the relic reroll, then proceeded to activate ANOTHER UNIT FIRST that had charged this turn also, leaving myself open to the counterstrike stratagem which my opponent gladly used to hit with Karandras before my captain could *facepalm*.

My whole last game was horrible. Charged a vehicle with an assassin instead of the juicy infantry that was out of sight; horribly deployed my 10 man sniper squad after combat squadding them so I lost the +1 to roll because my friend finished first; left another assassin in view of a double flamer sponson Leman Russ; didn't bubble wrap Inquisitor Greyfax who died to a drop podded stormtrooper squad; didn't focus fire either of two targets (Valkyrie, Missile launcher thing) so neither died.

There's more. It was my worst game ever.

Charged a vehicle with an assassin instead of the juicy infantry that was out of sight;

Just in case, keep in mind that you don't need line of sight to charge something as long as it's within 12“. In fact it's good to not have line of sight so the opppnent can't overwatch you. ^^

in my first game with the codex I dropped a 9 man sanguinary guard squad, two units of melta assault marines and a sanguinary priest in my opponents deployment zone to kill just three thunder wolf cavalry and harold deathwolf, I positioned my 4 melta guns so harold was the closest. with 4 melta and a bunch of bolt pistols i managed to drop him to 1 wound, and with the shooting from the saguinary guard i managed to take a single wound from the twc.

It was ok tho as i intended to finish them off in the fight phase so not the end of the world i didn't do more with shooting. I then used decent of angels and charged my sanguinary guard bomb in and failed with everyone else (kept them in range of priest buff tho)  and only managed to kill harold and the 1 twc model i injured with shooting (what a wiff) he then hit me back and and killed 3 sanguinary guard. at this point I decided i could get stuck in combat here and decided to use another 3 command points to fight again assuming I would wipe them out and be free/safe from retaliation (there is a big block of los blocking terrain between me and the enemy forces.  so i swing with everything again and do nothing at all. i then get my assa handed to me in his turn and the sanguinary guard take a pasting.

lesson learned - while the heirs of azkillion rule is on a model basis the sanguinors +1 attack is on a unit basis so don't forget that,next time he goes with the sanguinary guard from the start. next leasson was a storm raven that is allowed to fly with freedom can annihilate the enemy forces and save me the game.  

Charged a vehicle with an assassin instead of the juicy infantry that was out of sight;

Just in case, keep in mind that you don't need line of sight to charge something as long as it's within 12“. In fact it's good to not have line of sight so the opppnent can't overwatch you. ^^

Yeah I knew I could have charged them just meant they couldn't see me would not have taken overwatch. Basically just a horrible decision by me.

Chaplain with Angels Wing and 3 x 10 Death Company drop in behind enemy lines.

Chaplain first multi charges a brace of Ad Mech Onagers to prevent Overwatch.

Uses 3D6 Charge Range Strategem.

Rolls an 8”.

Ok no problem, AW grants reroll, rolls a 10”, gets into CC.

Next DC squad rolls a 9” but Acid Rain -1” Twist (Open War) is in effect so fails Charge.

Reroll with CP, gets 7”, fails Charge.

Next two DC roll 4” and and 8”.

Chaplain completely fails to Wound.

Onagers kill Chaplain.

Entire incident struck from Chapter records.