][nq28 Hobby Thread - update (inc painting!) 14/01

Ahistorian

Some new bits now, and proof that I do occasionally put paint to brush!

First and worst, a conversion of an old Goliath figure to clear space in the bitzbox. I guess he's some sort of gladiator?
jfZMAiv.jpg

Second, a gunslinging bounty hunter and deserter from the Imperial Guard. I've since removed the aquila on his breastplate to match the wings missing from his helmet. Quite pleased with the mashup of Scion shoulders and Orlock arms.
uYfFH4e.jpg

Third, Phal ad-Deen, who wishes he was a paladin. Clearly part of an Inquisitorial retinue given the holy flamer he bears.
4SyGIZR.jpg

Fourth, what happens when the Enforcers need support? Being of Irish heritage and distrusting the Imperium's oppression of the people, I assume some sort of Auxiliary Detachment. Hence this Underhive patrol of monstrous "police cadets". No need to take the politics any further than these allusions please, the models came from a bit of banter with a mate.
lMh3Cm0.jpg

Next, characters.

Yazid Binzar didn't get to where he was today by shirking! Of course, he didn't get there through an honest day's work either. No, Yazid believes in working smart... and in the shadows. He is now an asset to several competing Inquisitors, all of whom have helped fund his social and political aspirations. Emperor save him when the hammer falls, but until then, he'll keep on living the good life.
cnJbPX6.jpg

Rasheed Triceon, third of his clan, is the youngest and most alive of three brothers. Squeezing his slight hunch into their father's exo-armour, he now leads the ragged remnants of his fleet in search of new worlds to conquer, hoping he can strike it lucky before his Warrant ceases to cool his crew's discontent.
yjWkxCZ.jpg

My second Inq28 vehicle is much heftier than the first! This is an Inquisitorial urban riot-mobile, inspired by Judge Dredd and the Russian BMPT Terminator. It has a turret-mounted missile launcher and hotshot volley gun, hull-mounted hotshot volley gun and heavy flamer, two dorsal grenade launchers and three smoke launchers for maximum enemy confusion. Two face the rear to cover the occupants' exit under fire. Unlike most Chimeras, it only takes 6 passengers, because it has a small cell inside for miscreants (as hinted at by the window on its right-hand side.
n2C7TD8.jpg

Finally, a WIP of my first Contrast/Blanchitsu warband. It isn't as fast or as fun as I had hoped, but I have learned valuable lessons for the next set.
PDCLVEj.jpg

Edited by Ahistorian

A few randoms to begin with: a doomladen scavvie, an acolyte that thinks it's a Knight, a kick-ass lady, an Underhive monster, and an Underhive monster touched by Chaos.
poiue3C.jpg
9HgKxYv.jpg
yX0mmzW.jpg
nMAKgNE.jpg
yNQ9A2x.jpg

Next some Blackstone Fortress conversions. The priest has been slightly de-glammed, and will now be a rabble-rousing preacher lurching around the Underhive. How does he stay that plump..? One of the ratlings has had a super-simple barrel-swap, and some Chaos gubbins attached round back to replace the bipod and boxes that used to be there - he'll be in someone's retinue, most likely Triseon's. And then Draik got head and hand swaps to represent an older, wiser Cleander von Castellan in the service of Inquisitor Covenant (see further up). I also clipped the pistol-grip out from his holster for verisimilitude (yes, I cleaned the burrs off his fingers once the photo ID'd them!).
QE1n2Kj.jpg
aaHwlmC.jpg
OI5TcjB.jpg

Since the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum, Inquisitor Gan Xilai is, as his name suggests, without hope. Clad in a simple pilgrim's cloak, he and his retinue are riding the starways back towards Terra in the hopes that communion with or near the Throne might reveal some desperately needed answer. He is guarded by his chief lieutenant, ex-drop trooper Hima Flowers, and his personal arco-flagellant, X1138. With them are the hive ganger Jyeo Mhar, and the Guard veterans Kehume the medic and Fragell the bionic man. They have formed a bond in the heaving, hellish depths of the pilgrim ships, and now work to further the Inquisitor's aims.
mtmWxh3.jpg
I've learned some things about working with Contrast from these guys, namely to block your starter colours (especially metal) down before you start lashing on the Contrast, and to work lightest upwards (derp). I will have to plan more ahead of time with the scavvies and Ratskins due up next on my painting table. Sharp-eyed viewers may notice that I reversed my usual basing colours and drybrushed the metal planking on this retinue. This was an attempt to show that Xilai isn't lurking in the depths of some hive like the others are, while still tying them into my collection's aesthetic.