Fallen question

Chaplain Adonael

All of the "Joint Operations with the Fallen" treatise are located in Interrogation Room 42 ... ahem ... the Contemplatorium. Just follow the green lines to the room and seat yourself in the chair in the center of the chamber. Interrogator-Chaplains will be along shortly to assist you with your rehabilitation ... ahem ... education.

All of the "Joint Operations with the Fallen" treatise are located in Interrogation Room 42 ... ahem ... the Contemplatorium. Just follow the green lines to the room and seat yourself in the chair in the center of the chamber. Interrogator-Chaplains will be along shortly to assist you with your rehabilitation ... ahem ... education.

What he said,

Aside from that, Fallen are basically Company Veterans with some rerolls. Cypher is cool, but doesnt really synergise with anything (he would also be the least likely the DA would work alongside).

Actually they're Chaos chosen except with Dark Angels chapter tactics, meaning reroll 1s if they didn't move and can never lose more than 1 during morale phase. Their best trick is loading up on special weapons.

Not sure if Cypher can infiltrate them like before. If so, infiltrate near target priority and let lose plasma/melta.

Fallen with Dark angels is heresy. 72 hours in the pain glove for even thinking about it.

Other than that Fallen don't bring nothing to the table that other DA units or allies won't do.

And it's heresy. Yep.

What he said,

Aside from that, Fallen are basically Company Veterans with some rerolls. Cypher is cool, but doesnt really synergise with anything (he would also be the least likely the DA would work alongside).

Mm, no, Cypher is the most likely the DA would work with. The lore from the Dark Angels trilogy implies he’s worked with, and been given the opportunity to leave by, multiple Chapter Masters for one reason of another. Azrael is just his latest, along with the sheenanigans with Roboutte and the Custodes.

In terms of tabletop I’m with everyone else though, they just don’t bring anything majorly unique or compelling.

If Cypher and the Fallen were to be rolled into the DA codex at some point I can see a lot that could be cool about fielding a fallen army.

It would have been nice to have the Fallen given treatment in the DA Codex, the way White Scars are given treatment in the SM Codex.

Blurring the line a little would be nice.

Add in some rules for DA vs DA games.

Right now in the Chaos Codex, there isn't a lot of options that make sense for a Fallen Army.

Or at least a Fallen army that isn't packed with Deamons.

So much for being ambiguous on which ones are the loyal ones.

But as everyone else has said, with just 1 unit the Fallen aren't fleshed out enough to be compelling on the table.

Like most have pointed out, there's definitely more competitive units, better DA-specific stratagems, and even company veterans have more options. Cypher doesn't have any infiltrating shenanigans in this edition, just the ability to shoot after falling back and grants rerolls to any Fallen.

Having said that, I still plan on making up some company vets / Fallen with plasma guns and/or combi-plasma and will try running a unit with Cypher in larger, friendly games and just overcharge the plasma all day with the rerolls.

Latest fluff suggests that Luther is gathering vast fallen forces. Also appearance of Deamon prince Marbas with head of the Lion and distinctive fallen iconography and sleeping Lion with all his wounds healed nods at a Fallen with Luther, and DA with Lion will be released. As it's for now -- we have Inner Circle rule set for the future. It may be ineffective now, but I hope Fallen will become a major chaos force. As per updated fluff Luther managed to gather almost Legion size troops on Caliban when planning his betrayal. How many DAs managed to catch for the last 10k years? Around a hundred+ at most.

I have a unopened Betryal at Calth set that I am considering painting as DA v Fallen with DA in green to match my 40k army and Fallen in black. I am holding off on this in the hope this campaign book is true in which case the whole box is likely to become fallen.

I have plenty to work on whilst I wait.