Chapter Master Sequoia's Log: Hobby Challenge 2018

gallery_104219_14086_11052.png

Yes, another 'Born Again 8th Editioner' right here!

I've played 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions and then unwillingly dropped off into the Warp.

I'm back now and feeling a bit rusty. Actually, very rusty. Honestly, I feel Tin Woodman rusty.

I started tackling the rule book and codex for an army of space marines. Wow. Next up, I'll be ordering some models.

Meanwhile, I signed up to watch Warhammer TV figuring to watch how some 40K games are being played. While watching today, there was a segment on 'Hobby Tips' which was informative. One of the Warhammer hosts mentioned they were doing a 'Hobby 500 Challenge', where the challenge is to paint 500 models - on whatever state of completion they were.

I'm nowhere near that ambitious or confident in my abilities to get anywhere near that many models done. But, I liked the idea of it. It's a new year, I'm back into 40K, why not set a bar - however low - and see what I can get done?

My old space marine army, the Dark Blood Wolf Templar Angel Fists, were cold ashen grey warriors (okay, they were unpainted and would proxy as several armies back in the day). They have long since passed into that 'Good Night'.

It's time for a new army. Maybe I'll plan one of those whacky "theme" armies, as my fragile sanity needs to hang onto something from the old days.

Until my models arrive (and pictures of my progress posted), this is Chapter Master Sequoia signing off.

Edited by Chapter Master Sequoia