8th ed. Noobery question

Shaezus

Mods, please move or delete this if it is inappropriate.

After some time away from the game, I'm just trying to wrap my little head around calculating unit costs. Am I right that where it says '[unit] is equipped with..x, y, z' then the costs of items x y and z are already included, with the 'does not include wargear' in the points tables only referring to additional wargear?

I fear I have got this wrong, in which case some certain units have gone up quite badly whilst others are down a little

Apologies & thanks in advance.

Can’t remember if it’s both index and codex but you should see a note on the points table for named characters to say their gear IS included (since you can’t modify anyway). Standard units you definitely have to add though - even for default loadout.

This has been separated so that when updates are made in match play they don't have adjust all of the books, simply the chapter approved will take precedence.

Otherwise points don't really matter, PL WYSIWYG is pretty ace. except for spamming the same psychic powers over and over and free units.

Otherwise you pick a unit, then add points based on weapons allowed for that unit.