Azrael Conversion Help

Jamesb_05

The one that's credited on the SB article? ;)

I mean, I don't particularly like the guy, but when you hijack a topic to accuse someone, how about making sure that the accusation is actually just?

On topic: that is a great model. I wish I had some sculpting skill to even attempt such a thing.

Still think I might try and re create this as best as I can using kit bashing. Reckon I'll use a grey knight force sword (replace the blade and guard) for the arms. Use guard bits to create the vox caster back pack.

Really struggling to find a slim, power armoured top half and cloaked bottom half that would make him look tall like tha artwork.

The one that's credited on the SB article? :wink:

I mean, I don't particularly like the guy, but when you hijack a topic to accuse someone, how about making sure that the accusation is actually just?

Hence the words "probably" and "if Rob is keeping to his M.O."

Perhaps in this particular instance, the work was properly credited and used with permission (that's important, too) but why would I click on a link and generate traffic to that site solely for your sake? 

If you're so concerned about what's "just" feel free to educate yourself on why people say such things about him. 

To put this back on track...

Since there is lots of Primaris going around and you would want your character to stand out a bit anyways, maybe try "true-scaling" just the bottom of the miniature and use regular chest? That should optically bring the effect you desire, I think. GreenStuffing a cloak around some terminator legs shouldn't be that hard and regardless, this will/should not be hasty project.

Another thought that crossed my mind is maybe chopping up finecast Belial for this... From that kit you could possibly use the legs (not sure about the cloak, looking at it from the back - that might need some sanding and adjusting with GS) and chop off his sword, which again, looks quite impressive and is quite big.

I think that while that model looks really beautiful, it's more of an artwork than a model engulfed in battle. The way he's holding the sword and his stance is not something you'd see on the field of battle. That's the reason I would not build Azrael in such a way, if I were to build a custom model of him (i'm ok with the current one, although it could use an update).

yes, that's why I suggested truescaling legs only. It will make him taller, especially considering the ratio of legs vs chest. As well, it will not make him that much taller than the rest and if you put banner on him, that will diminish the difference further, imho.

I think that while that model looks really beautiful, it's more of an artwork than a model engulfed in battle. The way he's holding the sword and his stance is not something you'd see on the field of battle. That's the reason I would not build Azrael in such a way, if I were to build a custom model of him (i'm ok with the current one, although it could use an update).

You may want to check the codex. The model is based on the artwork Azrael has on page 27 :) .

It's a gorgeous model though, compliments to the artist.

Edited by Helycon

Compliments to him too, although it is too much "posing" as opposed to dynamic. I personally like the picture where he was squaring off against Khârn, even chopping off part of Khârn's plasma pistol. In the picture, he was wearing his helm which still looked awesome and looks better on him than being carried out by Snurko... ahem, a Watcher in the Dark.

You may want to check the codex. The model is based on the artwork Azrael has on page 27 :smile.: .

It's a gorgeous model though, compliments to the artist.

I've seen the picture a couple of times, I know it's there and that the guy who created this model built after that picture. And he did do a damn good job. Still doesn't change the fact (which is also in the picture) that it's far removed from battle, which is why I wrote what I wrote.