How Stabby are the Angels?

Firepower

In retrospect, I never shoulda asked this question. I really wanna build an Angel army now :teehee:"hist

One of us! One of us!

A Third War for Armageddon themed army would be ace, and tie in with your Templars. That was the theme for my BA/Codex Omega Marines army.

For me the most iconic part of BA history; is the defending of Big E's palace back in Heresey days. Might also work with the BT's since they come from IF's that have been there as well :smile.:

Sorry for the hijack ... back to topic

BA's at this moment are as stabby as you can imagine; we might not be in range of DE, however we are in the borderline of glass cannon army at least for the SM standards :smile.:

With the 8th edition we got some strengths, we never had before; like best 14X points in game in form of Mephiston, DC and their strat-gems, all the FW toys that just work wonders with our speed. 

Once you go RED you never go back :smile.:

~BT

Edited by BloodTzar

In retrospect, I never shoulda asked this question. I really wanna build an Angel army now :teehee:"hist

One of us! One of us!

A Third War for Armageddon themed army would be ace, and tie in with your Templars. That was the theme for my BA/Codex Omega Marines army.

For me the most iconic part of BA history; is the defending of Big E's palace back in Heresey days. Might also work with the BT's since they come from IF's that have been there as well :smile.:

Sorry for the hijack ... back to topic

I think the merits of combining a BT and BA armies are relevant to the thread :)

Indeed, the BT have their origins in Sigismund being anointed the Emperor's champion at the Siege (and having his armour painted black). There is a certain parallel that can be drawn with the Emperor's Champion seeking out the champions of the enemy, and the death company believing they are the siege and seeking out Horus. 

Indeed, the BT have their origins in Sigismund being anointed the Emperor's champion at the Siege (and having his armour painted black). There is a certain parallel that can be drawn with the Emperor's Champion seeking out the champions of the enemy, and the death company believing they are the siege and seeking out Horus. 

This...this has quite a lot of fluff potential, actually, in a smaller scale.  The Champions of today are often given visions of past and future.  A modern Champion seeing the days of the Heresy, standing atop the battlements of the Imperial Walls, fighting alongside the blood maddened berzerkers living out the Angel's final moments...

Though maybe not a groundwork for a whole army, it could make for a great short story. :ohmy.:

Edited by Firepower

I'll have to familiarize myself with the dex before I understand half of the rules/relics/stratagems you just threw at me, and how they or alternatives might be applied to the Cap or elsewhere, but it certainly sounds cool :biggrin.:

:laugh.: right. Let me put it to you another way maybe. He usually deletes two or three units per game for me and there are several stratagems and psychic powers that can more than double his attacks, which hit on 3+ re-rolling 1s often wounding on 2+ with a s8 hammer and the Red Thirst (+1 to wound on the charge) and cause 4 damage per failed save. You can give him a jump pack relic that lets him re-roll charge ranges and ignore overwatch, and there's a stratagem that lets you take a jump pack unit and relocate it anywhere on the table 9" away from enemies. I like keeping him on the table with my trio of Predators, set up behind a screen of Scouts against enemies coming in from reserve, to make use of the Captain's 6" re-roll 1s to hit aura.

...that ramble make a bit more sense?

Also – when considering options (which are well established elsewhere in the thread here, here and here with some math here), you could trade the JP relic (perhaps giving it to a Librarian instead) for the Hammer of Baal and have a TH hitting on 2+, re-rolling 1s, with 'only' 3 base damage, but higher likelihood to hit. While you can't add the +1 D warlord trait to your hammer anymore, it kind of 'frees up' your warlord trait for some devious combos (such as Gift of Foresight [Warlord Trait] in addition to the 1 CP Death Visions of Sanguinius (Stratagem) to give a 5+++ rerolling 1s, and Black Rage for the extra attack on the charge and ability to be affected by 'Death Company' auras, such as Lemartes' re-roll).

Short version: We have a ton of cool options that, situationally, mean we can put lots of high damage, good AP hits on opponents and really tear things down.

Just be careful writing about a bunch of guys taking the black and standing on a wall, you might get sued. 

This. Comments like this are the reason I really enjoy this forum. :whistling: