Winter Astra Militarum WWII german themed..

Full Stride

did some sculpting on the crew for the gun. You recognise the head of the loader? It's from one of the oldschool GW crewmen I found in my bitsbox (the legs were already gone, must have found another use for them ages ago. Since I had a death korps army a few years ago I also have lots of (dismembered or otherwise cut up) Death Korps bodies in the bitz box. Coming in handy now :biggrin.:

Hope you like these. I'm quite happy, but some parts need a little more work. Hands always are difficult, but I don't think they're too bad.

26734144_1566281790123268_42606159611232

Brilliant work! The infantry is beautiful, as are the tanks, though I do think they could benefit greatly from some small superdetailing, rivets and such. The builds are great, but as they stand they look a bit... unfinished.

Thanks, they are indeed unfinished. There is still a lot to do, although I won'te be adding more rivets. I get what you mean though.

Let's see how it looks when the painting is finished!

thanks all!

Did some painting yesterday and finished two infantry. The rest is almost there, but I finished these two so I could try out the snow flock I still had.

Last time I used the crushed glass from Secret Weapon Mini's, but this stuff aint bad either. Much better than expected when it arrived..

26804367_1566786603406120_75813398997980

This is truly awesome, I've long wanted to do some Imperial Guard inspired by real world historic armies! One day I'll do something once I've got bored of Marines!!

Really love the gritty scale military scale modeller techniques going on here! Big fan of the Stahlhelm too!! Truly awesome!

Thanks all for your encouragements!

Hopefully I'll be able to give my earthshaker some coats of paint toninght, which I'll show here off course.

I'm doubting though whether I should paint the earthshaker in exactly the same scheme as the tanks.

For uniformity I'd say yes, but it might also get a bit boring. I think the white of the bases and crew will pul it together

with the rest of the army. What do you guys think?

Sadly all windows on one side of the house are being replaced in the coming days (started yesterday), so weather conditions inside my house are similar to the poor chaps I'm painting...  luckily no snow and tanks in my house :) Fortunately my hobby space in the basement, where I do the dirty work such as spraying and sawing etc. is unharmed!