6k Game Coming Up. Need ideas!

Schwills

Hey guys, I have a big 6k game against Chaos soon and could do with some ideas for what to include in my list. 

I aim on using blood angels as the core of my army and then will probably have a few assassins in there and maybe some admech. 

Thanks!

Open, Narrative, or Matched Play?

• If the latter, maximise your CPs - your opponent certainly will
  • Put all the Assassins in a Vanguard Detachment and use a HQ that doesn't require Red Thirst (so, say, a Techmarine, an Inquisitor, or something else Imperial)
  • Again, Ad Mech should be in a separate Detachment and ideally, they should compliment (i.e. fill the holes) of your Blood Angels
  • Have you got three LoW choices? If 1/2, then opt for 1/2 Supreme Detachments

Other than basic stuff like that, how exhaustive is your collection? What flavour of Chaos will you be up against?

Open, Narrative, or Matched Play?

• If the latter, maximise your CPs - your opponent certainly will
  • Put all the Assassins in a Vanguard Detachment and use a HQ that doesn't require Red Thirst (so, say, a Techmarine, an Inquisitor, or something else Imperial)
  • Again, Ad Mech should be in a separate Detachment and ideally, they should compliment (i.e. fill the holes) of your Blood Angels
  • Have you got three LoW choices? If 1/2, then opt for 1/2 Supreme Detachments
Other than basic stuff like that, how exhaustive is your collection? What flavour of Chaos will you be up against?

Game will be using the matched play rules. My plan is to take a Brigade of Blood Angels to act as my mid field and up close units. I’m then thinking a battalion and Spearhead of Admech for my firebase and now quite possibly a supreme command detachment thanks to your advice. (Probably with a Falcion in it)

My collection has enough models in it to cover the entire Codex and some of the FW index units

One other thing, could you let me know how long the assault phases takes please? Working out the details for a larger Apocalypse game and there is a legitimate concern about how much time this phase will eat up.

Thanks in advance.

Our games normally last all day with each player normally taking around An hour and a half for their first few turns and then when stuff starts to die, the turns probably go down to around 1hour or 45mins or so. The assault phase isn’t normally as long as the shooting phase I have found and (although this might be different with the Codex now) not a lot makes it into the fight phase turn 1. Overall i’d Say it takes around 15/20mins each player turn.