Warlord Traits

olcottr

Unlikely that many would, the Warlord trait choice is a bit of a no-brainer given the effectiveness of Grand Strategist. 

Traits that allow for a slightly bigger LD bubble or guaranteeing a 6" advance are pretty useless. Draconian Disciplinarian will save some Guardsmen but only if you're blobbed together tightly.

Master of Command might be useful on a Tank Commander, but only if you've got multiple Tanks jammed up in close formation. The Valhallan trait Tenacious could also be useful to improve the survive-ability of a Tank Commander.

Basically everything is a bit meh compared to Grand Strategist. 

I love the Grand Strategist trait and it's definitely our best trait. This trait is what I've used at tournaments this edition

But I often use other traits for the sake of variety or to tone things down a bit for casual games. I tend to prefer the extended range of Bellowing Voice, the ability to leap units near my Captain Scheherazade out and and then back into melee with the Tallarn trait Swift Attacker, and, as Ranulf noted, I like using Master of Command to get an extra order.

Master of command is useful, but I find that old grudges can be invaluable if you are facing a big gribbly, combined with the relic of lost cadia = dead big thing e.g. morty/ magnus/ super heavy. Knocking one of those out in a single turn is worth it for the warlord trait