Are Centurions in Codex: Blood Angels

FlamingWalnut

Just a quick and dirty question, listed in the title. I picked up a box of Centurions the other day for SUPER cheap, but I have been considering moving my Marines over to Blood Angels as they would fit better overall with the theme of my Chapter. (GIVE ME THE LIBRARIAN DREADNOUGHT!) 

So, can I have my cake and eat it too, or is this a "Vanilla Only" deal?

Unluckily for you but I'm rather happy we don't have them. Never liked the models anyway. ^^

However I agree with above that you could probably use them as bolter aggressor counts-as among friends.

It's among my favourite models. Interesting how taste can differ so. I have a trio painted as BA red marines. Sadly not used in 8th as the rules are kind of weak for them.

There's nothing stopping you using them in Open and Narrative Play. In Matched, use the Auxiliary Detachment or a Patrol Detachment (or similar) from C:SM/Imperial Soup.

Perhaps you could tweak your fluff as to why they are different from everything else to justify the differing rules?

In fairness you can literally drop them in as an auxiliary detachment.

If you do that it's perhaps best to go with long range weapon options as they can function independently without the need for a transport. Could also run them as Raven Guard chapter tactics for the -1 to enemy shooting that targets them?