Narthecium and Revive Roll.

Project XXVIII

So the first bit of this rule makes complete sense, no need for confusion,.. but the Revive roll, while to me is straight forward, is rather wordy and tosses in a bit of extra flavour that somewhat muddies the waters.

Basically, if you have an Apothecary attempt a revive on a squad of Terminators that has taken a casualty and nothing else for example.  If the Apoth botches the roll, can the Apoth then attempt the revive roll again next turn on the same squad?

The flavour text makes it seem like poor Terminator Jim has gone to see the Emperor, but it doesn't explicitly say that.  Marines can fight on without any glands,..

theres nothing that would stop it in the next turn. fluff =/= rules. it would need to state something along the lines of "can not attempt to revive models from this unit for the remainder of the game" in order for your case to happen.

That was my assumption as well,.. but you know how some opponents interpret things,..

Thanks for the reply.

Basically, as far as the game is concerned, Casualty includes both "actually dead" and "so messed up he's unable to continue fighting at the moment". The Apothecary throws in some extra flavour text in the middle of the rules, but I'd argue that the model getting brought back next turn just means he slapped the Reductor away before he was given the Emperors Peace, and the Apothecary has been doing some intensive battlefield triage, rather than his usual Astartes-grade bandages.