Return to the fold: Finreht 451st

Carraigf

Hi all,

So I've been away a while - since 7th - and looking to stand my 500pt guard force back up while reinforcing the troops to a battalion list.

Previously I ran Mech Vets with Taurox transports and some of Drop Sentinels and Tauros Venators as a quick reaction force. My rule was no treads, though planned to add some FW mortars and thudd guns to be towed onto the field.

Will be buying the new Guard book ASAP and understand from reading the threads that lots has changed.

So what's the current play for mechanized guard?

Welcome back Carraigf :tu: You're quite correct in that much has changed - unfortunately that's true in the more negative sense for mechanised Guard. Tanks are more durable which is great so you won't be losing any to single shots any more but you do pay for them. Generally armour is solid for Guard as before in a platform for the heavy lifting but transports are not cheap so a mechanised force will find itself gobbling points quickly. It also plays differently in how 8th works but I'd concentrate on the new Guard codex for now and move on to the rules once you've brushed up on that :)