Armiger Warglaives- let the speculation begin!

Lord_Ikka

Announced at the LVO seminar, www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgq75xNBOw

Looks to be a smaller version of a Knight, with corresponding lessor weapons (perhaps giving Knights something similar to a Dreadnought points-wise). Weapons as shown seem to be a multi-melta/small thermal cannon weapon, heavy stubber-style weapon, and a version of a Reaper chainsword.

Thoughts on this new beast?

Descriptor- "Smaller than their cousins and crewed by aspiring nobles, low-born commoners with a knack for war, or even the bastard children of Barons and High Kings, Armigers hunt and fight at the flanks of their larger kin. Knight Armigers will open up new tactical possibilities for Imperial Knight players, like a medieval lord hunting with his hounds, benefitting from a wider range of army builds."

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Chainsword looks a little stubby, but I'm buying some

In 7th I wanted to kitbash some dreadnoughts to function as things like these to field alongside a knight but never thought I could make it look good. I never thought GW would make them!

Plastic cog shoulders.... Sweet!

Frankly it's gorgeous. Even though I have a pile of knights to assemble and paint I'll snap up at least one as fast as affordable.

I wonder what this news means for the alleged Mechanicus vs Necron boxed game? With that there was talk of a walker and new characters, here we see a new mechanicus (knight) walker and there's also a new cryptek, so was this one of those misidentifications or does this add weight to the rumour?

I am now feverishly waiting for news as to whether there will be masks for this or alternate heads or just the mageara cyclops head. As well of course for weapon options.

Initial thought is it might be for an Imperial Knight full Codex release, but I can see it being thrown in with the rumored AdMech V Necron box. If it is the first option though, it might be interesting what else they could bring, such als squads of serfs with pikes and spears, actual horse cavalry, etc. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

Depending on points amount, and I can see it running anywhere from 150-300, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see an AdMech vs Necron box that has an Enginseer, 10 Rangers/Vanguard, and an Armiger facing off against the new Cryptek, 10 Warriors, and something like their Triarch Stalker for around 150 bucks.

Looking at the top-mounted weapon again (this was pointed out to me on Reddit) it looks to not be a heavy stubber/ballistic weapon at all, but rather a meltagun/melta variant. Interesting, that's a lot of heavy firepower with two melta weapons and a big ccw....

I like how similar it is in some places to a proper Knight, but has some cues from the AdMech line. I think it's almost certainly aimed at Knight armies which should really help them out.

I'll see how it pans out, they would fit very neatly into my Knight house lore too and could be the way to add a bit more Knight to my collection without going the whole hog... I like how it came out of the blue too, nobody was expecting this and nothing was rumoured :tongue.:

This one comes in the admech/necron box my sources have told me.

The new bigger knight will come out with the codex down the line.

I have a suspicion we might get an extra sprue for this with more weapons when it gets released desperately, but that's me guessing

Like when the paladin arrived and later the warden

I like this guy but he's getting a bit close to a Warjack for my liking. 

I've seen comments about the saw looking stumpy but on the plus side it won't have to reach down as far to carve things up compared to the standard Knight. I'm looking forward to the different weapon variants but mine will probably be wielding the melta weaponry.

All we need now is to model a basket on the back and we have our new infantry transport. :tongue.:

Edited by Flame Boy

Looks like I'll be putting off my Custodes and Eldar projects again in favor of my cogboys getting reinforcements...

But seriously, I love the look of that thing. Hopefully they aren't too expensive points-wise. I'd love to have a few of those running around with my Crusader and Gallant.

Hmm that's a good point on the sprue bit, if so I might need to hold fire (assuming all is good for me of course). Having the Knight Paladin box without the Warden sprue made me sad :confused: On the other hand chances are you'd want more than one of these so perhaps less of an issue. Wait and see as always, I suppose I'm no rush to expand either currently (I have enough projects, but who doesn't?).

I love it! I just hope that it is not a design by Cawl. If so I have to avoid it. :D

It has no reason to be. Knight fluff has always said they used smaller machines for things like training pilots, cadet branches of the Noble family and promotions for loyal servants. So this should just be an old thing getting rules, not a new thing.