Armiger Warglaives- let the speculation begin!

Lord_Ikka

That looks like a Heavy Phosphor Blaster, like the one on the Kastellans...!

Looks more similar to the Dunecrawler heavy stubber. Same ammo box, only one ring behind the muzzle.

Not amazed by this so far. Chainsword looks terrible, but the cog shoulders and faces looks nice.

So, just because I've got far too much old lore rolling around in my head like some kind of Remberancer, I just want to nitpick that these really should be called Squires. :P

That said, it looks neat and as a nice way to get some cheaper support into both Ad Mech or in an Imperial Knight list.

They look cool, but as far as rules correlating to what I am seeing, I don't really think these things are going to be "good". 

Lets take a look at what we see on the model, and what we know stemming from already existing stuff. Likely stats are:

Toughness 7 (not a big as a Knight), 3+ save, 3+ BS/WS, Movement of 10 or 8, and something like 10 or 12 wounds. Probably an invuln save as well, lets say 5+, it might not even have that. This is just a guess though. 

The biggest factor is going to be armaments. It won't matter how tough these things are if they can't kill anything. That's a heavy stubber on top, big deal it can basically be ignored. The main armament on the arm is some kind of melta weapon. I don't know about you guys but I already don't see a whole lot of melta these days, why? Because they just aren't what they're cracked up to be when compared with lascannons.

Honestly, it looks like a big multi melta. Smaller than the Knight's melta cannon but bigger than a vehicle mounted multi melta. I don't see it being a popular option. Probably D3 shots, 24'' range, Strength 8, -4, Melta rule. That's just not "good" stats. 

The little stubby buzz saw? Well it probably won't have anything more than 4 attacks. So good luck getting any meaningful damage on to anything with an invuln save. 

Maybe this thing has other armament options we haven't seen yet? But so far I'm not impressed. Yeah it looks cool but I just don't see the dakka being there guys. Not unless this thing is criminally undercosted or just some ludicrous special rules. 

You make some valid points Dragoon, in fact they line up with my expectation except that I expect them to not have an invul at all. They're peasants for feth sake. It isn't like their lives matter :)

However, what we're missing in this assessment is the point value, however. If they're relatively cheap (100s), then they add value to a knight army since you can take 3-4 or them in place of a knight and add some major objective gathering to the army. I honestly picture myself picking up 3 or so.

So, just because I've got far too much old lore rolling around in my head like some kind of Remberancer, I just want to nitpick that these really should be called Squires. :P

That said, it looks neat and as a nice way to get some cheaper support into both Ad Mech or in an Imperial Knight list.

I would assume squire is their rank but Armiger is the STC's name. But I don't disagree with you!

I was gonna post  "I guess this is what has become of Squires" but Fulkes beat me to it.

I wonder if this is the old rumored other admech robot kit, I hope not as I would like something else other than Kestellan's (not in a sense that I dislike Kestellans I just want variety :happy.: ) 

That being said, I want one...maybe two (probably more) but I still have a completed Knight to paint :ermm:  (Paralyzed on what scheme to do it  )

I almost want to say that these guys might be troops (with future versions filling roles in other slots), but the biggest bonuses to them won't be their built in rules but the Household rules (since I'm fairly sure we're going to get some in the future) that can make or break how good these guys are.

That said, I'm going to guess that these guys will be fairly tanky (something like a 5++ so they can't be completely denied armour saves (though they may just get a 6++ or the ability to shrug off wounds like a Venerable Dreadnough), perhaps two weapon modes where they can sweep or smash their chainsword (which really should be an option for the Reaper Chainsword as well. Stomping is neat but right now there is no reason to take the Reaper over the Fist outside of points restrictions).

Basically, I feel like these guys will basically slot in somewhere between a Knight and a Dreadnought in terms of durability, and damage output. I don't want to say 12 wounds exactly, but probably at least that.

Failing all of that they'd need to be fairly cheap and run 9 wounds instead so they can't degrade.

I had to post this as its own topic here.

Is this part of the Necron vs AdMech box? Is it a part of a Knight expansion?

I think it's considerably smaller than a Knight. I know some people don't think it's what AdMech 'needs' right now, however *IF* it's just bigger than Redemptor Dreadnaught, costs around 200 points, and can zip around the battlefield getting my admech out of impending CC doom... then sign me up.

We don't know armament, but knowing GW this will change in time. We may see a Paladin/Errant version right now... they bleed our wallets, then the 'real' box comes out, and there's a "crusader" pattern... or perhaps a shoulder mount? I'm just guessing but I could see this happening.

What do you think? Thumbs up or down?

For me, if it's a Questoris unit, it will be far less valuable. It will cost CP's to keep them running, and it hinders our repair ability.

You can see how big it is from the pilot's hatch, plus those legs look quite similar to the strider, so it's roughly half sized as my estimate. I'm also thinking it'll get some expansion treatment, perhaps as a proper release as a box so the question may be more when that happens?

It'll be in the Ad Mech vs Crons box.

But I think it'll just have the right key words like the ones in our codex do, but nothing extra special until the Knight 'dex.

The knight keywords doesn't mesh at all though, since they lack adeptus mechanicus keyword, thus would break all our special rules if in the same detachment.
Edited by MagicHat

the detachment is separate for lords of war soo no breaking battleforge there

also the"multi melta" has a cylinder on the back like the thermal cannon on the errant I don't think its a multi melta.

Supreme command have a LoW slot.

Some people think these wont be LoW though, but I can't really see it, it would make including them in knight lists unnecessarily complicated. 

Then again, if they are cheap LoW, they can fill slots and give 3 CP.

Hm.

I'll definitely get a few to tag along with my knights. Two for each knight will be nice and symmetrical. Do you think they'll come in squads or will they be solo?

I hope we can see this built upon to create a true Questoris army with feudal infantry, monstrous cavalry, and sacristan support.

If they end up in the necron vs. admech box, I'll have to pick up a box or three and sell the chaff. Even if they're mono-pose or have limited options, I honestly like what looks like the default setup there. Let them have a melta weapon and try to punch above their weight class. I'll magnetize them for now, see what happens, maybe convert some other options later, and let gatling guns, stubbers, tap dancing feet, and battle cannons handle infantry.

I know some people don't think it's what AdMech 'needs' right now, however *IF* it's just bigger than Redemptor Dreadnaught, costs around 200 points, and can zip around the battlefield getting my admech out of impending CC doom... then sign me up.

I suppose what AdMech really needs most are transports, sure. I still think more options are very welcome and more stompy walkers more so. I don't know about anyone else here but I'm not disappointed that this is not a transport or a flier. Granted I'm more interested in it from a collecting and painting point of view but hopefully a mobile melee capable unit would be fun and it looks different enough from the Dragoon that they hopefully won't tread on each others toes (or hooves?).