Tallarn Ambush

Hi Guys,

If I take a Tallarn transport vehicle, say a Stormlord. And fill it full of say, bullgryns and a different regiments infantry. Can I still use to ambush?

Having an argument with someone, and I don't think it is allowed. Fairly sure I've read somewhere other isn't, but can't find where.

If it is, I know what I'm doing next game!

I was under the impression modern Baneblade kits were too wide to Ambush with, though the older style were smaller and therefore can fit.

As far as I'm aware, there is no rule saying you can't cross pollinate your transports. So long as the models you're putting into the Stormlord all match the keyword requirements, then you can put them inside the Stormlord.

There has been some discussion asking for clarification one whether or not units being transported count towards the unit limit on the Tallarn Ambush ability, clarification that has not come. I'd argue no, units being transported do not count towards the cap, but it is very ambiguous.

An important caveat though to keep in mind. Your Stormlord must be Tallarn, which means he can't be in a Super Heavy Auxillary, as that does not receive the Regiment bonus.

An important caveat though to keep in mind. Your Stormlord must be Tallarn, which means he can't be in a Super Heavy Auxillary, as that does not receive the Regiment bonus.

Not quite- the ambush strategy just requires the regiment keyword rather than the doctrine which the Stormlord will get even when in an Auxillary Detachment. Tallarn without Doctrine is still Tallarn.