Aggressors shooting...

Bloodblade

Not saying they aren't points efficient. They're just lacking the means to deliver that damage (imo) and if they get caught up in a horde they even lose a whole turn or more of their damage output (lets be real, we really don't want to punch a blob of 40 minus overwatched Cultists or more with Powerfists for the rest of the game ^^).

Also since you seem to focus a lot on my post against Orks....it was mostly joking there. The Orks did well so far in our group but I don't think I'll have too many problems with them if I'll build a serious list regardless of how well Aggressors would do against them or not. :wink:

I was mostly focusing on that post because Ork boys are one of the things that Agressors are designed to kill en-masse so they made a nice simple example of how ridiculous their damage output can be. I basically ignore the fists because you're right- if they're punching stuff things probably aren't going particularly well.

I'll admit I have a hard time really fitting them into a list for Blood Angels since they basically lack any sort of synergy with the rest of the army. They're cheap though enough that splashing in a squad or two might do some good regardless- I'm thinking of using them to help support parts of the board where I'm not able to put a lot else. A five man Intercessor squad and some Agressors sitting in cover would be pretty difficult to dislodge and would only run like 200 pts. In their fluff section of our codex it talked about them being used as a mobile force to plug holes which is pretty close to what I'm describing.

I'm not saying they're a perfect fit for us by any means but I'd also say there a long shot from being useless.

Edit: I actually think I may have convinced myself to pick up a box. I keep trying to go off and start buying stuff for another army but every time I get the money I think of another shiny kit I want for my Blood Angels...

Edited by Pendent

I will keep defending them heavy boys :P BA are a great codex to run them with because of the Standard of Sacrifice. My usual Primaris bunker is 10 Hellblasters, 4-5 Aggressors, an Ancient and a Captain. 5+ FNP makes a diffrence and 95% of my opponnents shoot the blasters or assault units anyway, so the Aggressors can unleash a couple of salvos every game. Plus they add a countercharge potential to the bunker.

They are not the most amazing unit under the sun but they can be decent when used properly.

The flamers works well for Salamanders. The flamecraft stratagem is usefull and Vulcan gives them a solid buff.

But BA does not have any abilities (auras, powers, stratagems and so on) that affect the flamer aggressors.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Are Verlo

Fun fact: I got bored and wrote a Aggressor-only list plus two Gravis Captains, two Apothecaries and an Ancient. Around 40 models at 2k points.

If it weren't such a huge investment for most of the models I'm unlikely to use more than a few times I'd actually try to build it just for the lulz. Same issue I had with the T'au Piranha list I always wanted to play at least once. :D

I like Aggressors because they can fit into a couple different roles while also generally flying under the radar. (depending on army composition of course) Duality is important - I'd rather pay for the Power Fists than to have them armed with dual chainswords for example and do 4 str 4 ap0 attacks at a lower price point.  I only own 3 bolter dudes in my vanilla army, but they've come in useful both in shooting and in combat for me in the games I've used them.  

Aggressors can pump out a crazy amount of fire when standing still with their bolter variants. But their weaknesses have been pointed out. They only have a 3+ save (this is somewhat helped with our relic banner but do you want to waste it on them?), W2 meaning a lot of weapons will insta-gib them and they are a mish-mash of melee and ranged. 

In some cases these guys can be brutal! For instance, if you run Raven Guard you can use the strat if you have first turn to move in like two 6-man squads and unleash hell in rapid fire range clearing all chaff and possibly wounding a great deal behind that chaff. For 440 points and two CP that isn't such a bad thing. 

But Blood Angels don't have access to that type of deployment for these guys. So I really think, that some of the primaris are just better with other factions. Also, They are pretty good with Dark Angels as if they don't move then get to re-roll all 1s. Blood angels want to be on the run and assaulting things and the Intecessors and Inceptors work great with them.

The only 'better' candidate for a SoS are the Guard. Personally I'd never run them like that but I can see the use. There's really no one else that I can think of. Terminators maybe? But anyway, I wouldn't call a SoS + Astartes Banner Ancient surrounded by Hellblasters and Aggressors 'wasted'. In my "semi-casual but suddenly ubercompetetive league", the Primaris bunker has been a star and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like to run Primaris BA :)