Slaanesh Conversions for new 40k army.

Hey everyone! 

So I am working on converting a couple Daemon Princes/Princesses for my new Slaanesh Daemons army. Currently I am working on converting a C'tan (The Deceiver) into a DP. My original intention was to swap the head and arms. I wanted a Rapier like blade to represent the Soulstealer from the Slaanesh relics and of course, claw hands/arms. 

I thought the perfect model to use would be Sigvalds model for both the head swap & weapon (rapiers are difficult to find in 40k, even in AOS!). Sadly.. as you can see in the pictures, Sigvals head was definitly too small. However I think the blade works just fine as it's intended. A small rapier like blade, something that says finesse instead of brute strength. Like a water dance from Bravos in GOT.  :yes:  

So now I have a head from an Allures on him from, I think, the Seekers of Slaanesh box. Fits the androgynous theme fairly well I think... I'll toss some pictures up and see what you all think. It isn't perfect but I'm fairly happy with it as a kit bash/conversion. 

BHedBKa.jpg

7AM9Jaz.jpg

5jhRjE1.jpg

y7RfnYh.jpg

Opc67wD.jpg

Further progress has been made. I've decided I like the Daemonette head more then trying to green stuff the Deceiver head with some hair... it also has some finecast issues with its face. 

OrmBRt6.jpg

1FyS6yB.jpg
Edited by Armchairarbiter

• 1 month later...
So my journey has finally continued. I had to work on the rest of the army for a game day I wanted to bring my Slaanesh cavalcade to. The game went well but there was a distinct lack of Daemon Princes and Princesses... so I decided to model that situation away! 

I decided to take a slightly different route with the way I had the Daemon Prince modeled with the Deceiver and his positioning. This required me to build him a neck out of green stuff. I realized I could actually have him flying forward as if attacking! Instead of the floating and pointing to the left stance that the original Deceiver model uses. So... here are some pics of the WIP and the final outcome as I let him dry. Next up will be basing him, then painting him! 

This is the full on green stuff being added/neck building. It was my first time ever using green stuff and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 

CGuG4NY.jpg

Here is the final product. It is a very small detail but I green stuffed in the gap of the bottom of the hand that is holding his sword, so the hilt looks to have some actual length to it instead of fully receding into his hand. Least that was the idea. 

WF0YxbI.jpg

Not the best shot of him from the front but I'm pleased with how it turned out! 

I also managed to grab a model that became a very quick and easy conversion... his wife/mistress Daemon Princess! I haven't fully decided on their back story yet... haha. 

OB3OXtH.jpg

Edited by Armchairarbiter

Haha sigvalds head is hilariously tiny! very much loving the daemonette parts though! Looking very good!

His head definitely was tiny! I was really disappointed about that but I think it worked out in the end lol