Chaos Eldar? Lore question.

I vaguely remember something about Chaos Eldar, I think it was something about the first Striking Scorpion turning or something like that. What lore is there out there (if any) on actual Chaos worshipping Eldar? 

Just my own thoughts, not lore, but...

I could imagine a solo ‘pact with the devil’ kind of deal between an Eldar and Slaanesh (or a senior daemon of), but in any great numbers...#shrug#

As Nurgle has Isha prisoner in his garden, perhaps some Eldar learned of this, ventured there to try and rescue her and got caught and ‘enlightened’ by Grandfather Nurgle.

Perhaps Tzeentch could get his claws into a farseer without them realising until it was too late.

Khorne...an Exarch gets to love the killin’ a bit too much. I’d like to see a Banshee or Scorpion exarch with a trophy rack of skulls, for example.

I mainly ask because of the Eldar Psyker character in my Hellbound army, I was just wondering how common Chaos Eldar were in the fluff first, especially Slaaneshi Eldar. I am gonna run with the idea though, if Tiffany took Pinheads place as ruler of the Labyrinth then I am having a bloody Slaaneshi Eldar in my army!! :lol:

In my personal opinion (not a popular one) gw should have made dark eldar chaos eldar. They are pretty much chaos eldar in all but name and faction alliance, and would have been GREAT allies for chaos armies back in 6th and 7th (not to mention now).

I think that was sort of their intentions back in the day, but they backed down and didn't go all the way.

In my personal opinion (not a popular one) gw should have made dark eldar chaos eldar. They are pretty much chaos eldar in all but name and faction alliance, and would have been GREAT allies for chaos armies back in 6th and 7th (not to mention now).

I think that was sort of their intentions back in the day, but they backed down and didn't go all the way.

I can see why it's not a popular one. :D

I'm completely fine with them not being chaos Eldar. They are their own thing and that makes them more interesting than "basically R&H but with Eldar flavour". :P

I'm happy they did not make the DE into chaos Eldar. I like that they are instead really the personification of Eldar arrogance and hubris.

About chaos Eldar. I think followers of all the gods except Slaanesh would make sense. Just as the Laughing God can protect an Eldar soul from being devoured by Slaanesh upon death, so can the other gods. Especially Khorne I would imagine.

But Slaanesh Eldar sounds a bit odd to me? Why would they not die right away?

I guess you could do some convoluted plan where the Eldar gets to live in order to bring more Eldar to Slaanesh. But Slaanesh is the constant threat, the drain on every Eldar. They all know at an intuitive level that Slaanesh is the worst thing that could happen to them. Much worse by far than any of the other Gods.

They all know at an intuitive level that Slaanesh is the worst thing that could happen to them. Much worse by far than any of the other Gods.

But that's not really true? All the chaos gods would be equally devastating for any Eldar soul. With Slaanesh it's just something personal for them since they created him and in return lost most of their gods and their civilisation in basically an instant.

I agree tho that it would need some very specific explanation why Slaanesh doesn't just swallow the Eldar soul that worships him. Eldar souls are basically like candy for him and he's not really known to restrain himself after all. Using group of worshippers to gain more is more something Tzeentch or Nurgle would do.

But that's not really true? All the chaos gods would be equally devastating for any Eldar soul. With Slaanesh it's just something personal for them since they created him and in return lost most of their gods and their civilisation in basically an instant.

I agree tho that it would need some very specific explanation why Slaanesh doesn't just swallow the Eldar soul that worships him. Eldar souls are basically like candy for him and he's not really known to restrain himself after all. Using group of worshippers to gain more is more something Tzeentch or Nurgle would do.

Well, being eaten/absorbed by any of the Gods would probably suck, but the entirety of Eldar culture, be they dark, craftworld or exodites, all center around the threat of Slaanesh, and avoiding the worst of worst fates of being eaten by him/her.

They could all be wrong, and it being equally bad to be eaten by any God, but they would not know that.

To swear alligance to any of the others as a desperate means of protection from Slaanesh sounds rather reasonable.

As you said, that the god of unrestrained excess would hold off from eating an Eldar, her absolute favorite thing ever, sounds incredibly out of character.

I vaguely remember something about Chaos Eldar, I think it was something about the first Striking Scorpion turning or something like that. What lore is there out there (if any) on actual Chaos worshipping Eldar?

That would be Arhra :) I used to love that fluff! Thanks for the blast from the past, that's 3rd Ed stuff from memory?

That's something illogical, Chaos is supposed to be a threat to every conscient living being, and in the 40k lore even planete are qualifing as "conscient" being that can be corrupt by chaos.

Let there is only human, and especially ony Artates in the chaos rank..

- Ork are rather indifferent to chaos but can be corrupted, and some has. Seeing some Khorne Ork on the tabletop would be so cool, (and fluff)

- Tau are supposed to be totally immune to chaos, yet those idiots have been seen enraged by Khorn daemon and abandon their gun to charge Bloodletters (best part of the V8 rulesbooks).

- Necron.. don't know where we are with them.. Old fluff they were really robots, but now some still got emotion and a conscience ??

- Eldar can totally fail to chaos, and are always on the edge with Slaanesh. I'm reading Lucius the Flawless blade at the moment, no spoil but we got Eldar vs Slaanesh daemon describing the ancestral link between them. You cant have Slaanesh Eldar coz they would be eaten as soons as they abandon themselfes. But Nurgle ? Tzeencht ? Khorn ? No logical reason this topic isnt more detailled in the fluff (+ i think the 3 other gods would just love to take Eldar under their wing to enrage Slaanesh..).

V8 is supposed to put Chaos back as the grand antagonist of 40k. So let's hope for more Traitors legion, i hope for a Dark Mechanicum release too and if only we could have some beastmen and Renégates guard coming into GW.. (don't think renégates will come out of FW tho).

Tau were never supposed to be totally immune to chaos. They just have a very small warp signature so Chaos doesn't really care about corrupting them unless they do something to gain the gods attention which happens extremely rarely.

Necrons are basically Tomb Kings in space now just less cool. I don't think they are corruptible in the traditional sense.

But yes Chaos would normally include a way bigger range than just humans and marines. Just like the T'au empire would normally include way more than just T'au, a few Kroot and a few Vespid. However for balance sake GW can't just give Chaos access to every other factions stuff as well just because they could theoretically be corrupted. It's already bad enough as is that the Imperium has access to so many things to build soup lists with imo.

That's something illogical, Chaos is supposed to be a threat to every conscient living being, and in the 40k lore even planete are qualifing as "conscient" being that can be corrupt by chaos.

Let there is only human, and especially ony Artates in the chaos rank..

- Ork are rather indifferent to chaos but can be corrupted, and some has. Seeing some Khorne Ork on the tabletop would be so cool, (and fluff)

- Tau are supposed to be totally immune to chaos, yet those idiots have been seen enraged by Khorn daemon and abandon their gun to charge Bloodletters (best part of the V8 rulesbooks).

- Necron.. don't know where we are with them.. Old fluff they were really robots, but now some still got emotion and a conscience ??

- Eldar can totally fail to chaos, and are always on the edge with Slaanesh. I'm reading Lucius the Flawless blade at the moment, no spoil but we got Eldar vs Slaanesh daemon describing the ancestral link between them. You cant have Slaanesh Eldar coz they would be eaten as soons as they abandon themselfes. But Nurgle ? Tzeencht ? Khorn ? No logical reason this topic isnt more detailled in the fluff (+ i think the 3 other gods would just love to take Eldar under their wing to enrage Slaanesh..).

V8 is supposed to put Chaos back as the grand antagonist of 40k. So let's hope for more Traitors legion, i hope for a Dark Mechanicum release too and if only we could have some beastmen and Renégates guard coming into GW.. (don't think renégates will come out of FW tho).

Generally, you need a soul for the Primordial Annihilator to be interested. Eldar have the strongest souls, followed by humans. Fish, soulless objects, and fungus don't score very high on the "Soul Snack Deliciousness" scale.