Bjorn the Fell-Handed true scale Redemptor conversion

Jackalwolf

So really needed to at least try to make this happen. I´ve tried to make the Redemptor smaller and conform the old historic shape of our box dread whilst keeping it´s much improved proportions (now I can believe there´s a corpse in that sarcophagus). Areas in green stuff look a bit rough but are smooth so with primer they´ll look as new :smile.:

MaHYWFR.jpg

Qr7qrOb.jpg

For scale:

OGuSHRI.jpg

%25255bUNSET%25255d%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Height wise is like a Contemptor but with the bulk of a Castaferrum. What do you think guys? Need help in one point in particular: I´m looking for the perfect bit to put in the two spaces the side panels of the sarcophagus have open, some sort of sensor array that goes horizontally from the sarcophagus base and shows in the empty area but cannot find or think of an adequate piece!

Looking good, Grieux! Right now I can't think on an adequate piece (I'm not that familiar with vehicle kits), but maybe you might find something adequate in the command vehicle sprue? If I see any bit that looks promising I'll let you know.

Just a personal appreciation: it might be personal taste, but I think the claw arm looks a bit short for the size of the dreadnought. I don't know if mixing it with the redemptor's arm might alleviate that sensation.

A noble effort. Can those with greater modeling experience tell me if the sculpting Grieux did is easier to do than simply mounting replacing the Redemptor from the waist up with Bjorn's torso? (Personally, I'd also like to replace the gun arm with the Contemptor or Redemptor's well-articulated gun arms. Elbows for the win, so the venerable ones can shoot at flanking enemies while simultaneously dealing with the ones launching frontal attacks!)

Tried the Redemptor arms but with the lower height ends up looking like an ape and they make the model much wider. Conversion is quite involved:

-Torso is the Redemptor one to use the better scale sarcophagus.

-Instead of putting the front Redemptor plates carefully bend the Bjorn ones to the new angle, they're significantly shorter so the green stuff is needed to enlarge them to connect with top plates, which need to be made of plasticard.

-Under the torso the connection point with legs must be shaved and replaced with the traditional Dreadnought one and fitted with green stuff.

-Lower end of sarcophagus must be carved completely to eliminate the belly and green stuffed to connect with the lower part (pelt hides any inconsistencies here).

-The hip of the Redemptor makes him too tall so used the hip of the normal Castaferrum and cut and sanded the top of the legs to convert them into shperes where legs can attach and have mobility like in Contemptors.

-Legs of Redemptor then attach greatly to them but need to be cut at the ankle to lose some more height there, and use Bjorn's feet instead.

If you're not bothered about the height being too tall you can make it easier but I wanted him to be as tall as a Contemptor so Leviathans and Redemptors are still bigger to make him stand out.

• 2 months later...

This is gorgeous Grieux! I honestly love what you've done here- vastly improved from the ugly Primaris dread. It makes me want to try my hand at a talon of them for my Iron Hands. I hope you intend on finishing him! 

That is a great Bjorn Grieux.

I think it really helps to make him bigger. He is such a legend it is tough with all these bigger dreadnoughts everywhere.

I can't really tell where your wanting to put the sensors. I remember the rhino and maybe the chaos rhino kits having sensor parts.

Very impressive conversion and I'm looking forward to seeing paint on it. The feet strike me as a little small, but it might just be the angle of the camera.

and I can't help but keep staring at your Bjorn.

There's something very wrong with that  line. :P

Archived