I need some advise on starting chaos

sunspear

As a WB faithful I say join us brother! The nice part about WBs is you can access many of the strategems. They may however have the weakest Legion traits of all the Undivided Legions (compared to Alphas, BL, Renegades).

That said I frequently field at least one Zerker squad in a Rhino. Nothing unfluffy about non-WE Zerkers.

The cool thing about Chaos Marines is that even the weak legions still have VoTLW and awsome Psychic powers to draw upon in addition to very efficient troops.  That kind of puts a higher floor on how bad any chaos list can potentially be.    

Thanks Res, wasn't sure if that was a rules unit or a fluff one. I will have to check that book out

Just fluff for what they sometimes call their Terminators.

The WB Morale reroll is definitely one of the weaker Legion Traits, but their Warlord trait is solid and the Cursed Crozius is great. The Stratagem is only useful for summoning, but it's powerful if you build for it, especially with all the buffs that summoned Daemon characters can grant to Possessed and similar units.

So....hordes of cultists, maybe one big unit of Marines and one of Possessed (since you can centralize buffs and limit morale casualties through the Trait and Dark Apostles), and summoned Daemons, which can also come in huge units or single powerful characters. Then run a small WE detachment with some Berzerker troops?