30k Blackshields - The Dark Brotherhood

Chickenleg

I've been experimenting with various power weapons lately. So I decided to avoid the traditional Legion weaponry and focus on a more exotic weapon of unknown origin, Blackshields style.

WIP shot, I've used a halberd from the Fantasy range plus a generator.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/P1270620.jpg

Another Blackshield joins the group, his massive weapon can split in two even an armored Astartes.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/P1270666.jpg

These are fantastic. Why aren't they your main project?

Thanks! With the Dark Brotherhood I can really use every single piece I have in my bits collection and a color scheme I enjoy are the main reasons. The Born are a support type unit created to enhance the ''Blackshield'' feeling across the board. All clad in MKV power armor and armed with the same bolter (clones using the same gear) and thats about it. Technically they are part of the same force tho.

I have no critiques as what you are pumping out is pure gold.

New marine looks good. Guess it would be hard to come by some bionic limbs when you are a renegade. Maybe even more difficult to get it to work if that appendage is all wired wrong muscle wise. I almost think it would be cool to see something attached by chain to that stump, like a morning star.

Thanks! Yeah, also none of the Blackshield apothecaries has ANY bionic to spare for these dudes. A weapon attached is a cool idea but it would give a more gladiatorial feel. No love for the clones! :biggrin.:

Terrific painting, I particularly love the stump arm!

Leave the stump how it is. You don't see many Marines like that, keep him unique. Not everything needs to be a weapon.

Thanks! He will remain as he is for now, I kind of like the symmetry too!

Just adding my name to the petition.. Love what your doing

Thanks man!

Dude!! These are fantastic! Not sure how I missed this thread, definitely the best Black Shields that I've seen :thumbsup:

Heyyy! Thanks buddy!

Amazing attention to detail in this blog.

Thanks! I do my best.

Wow, these are fantastic minis Chickenleg, you've got a great eye for posing & colour

I went with the idea of vat-grown Astartes for my Chymerae minis too, although their failings are a bit less visible (undergoing geneseed implantation *after* they're 'birthed' rather than part of the growth process probably helps)

Thanks! Do you have any pictures of your Chymarae? I did a small search but I cant find any of them!

Man, stumpy has seen some :censored: for sure.

Indeed! Wait to see the next one. lol

Incredible ! Those blackshield are full of caracters. I really dig the painting and the conversion work here. I Love your black in particular and the adapted chimerae scheme is gorgeous as well as the faces !

Original and well made,
I'll follow this thread closely :wink:

Malchy

Thanks! I'm really having fun at the moment! A lot of inspiration!

Amazing stuff, stumpy really must stay !

Thanks! He is here to stay! :biggrin.:

These look great man. I’m such a fan of the concept of Blackshields, though you don’t see many forces of them around. I have a project of my own bubbrling away in the background, this is great inspiration.

Stellar work.

Thanks! I would like to see what you do with them. Blackshields are awesome!

Loving these Blackshields I must say Chickenleg :biggrin.: it`s certainly giving me inspiration for my own Blackshields :happy.:

We need more Blackshields!!!!

This work is exceptional. Definately following!

Thanks! My conversions are not as intricate as yours tho!

The level of attention to detail, and the quality of the conversions and paintjobs, is just superb!

Well done, and I hope we see (many) more! :biggrin.:

If I might ask - are the MkV legs the FW ones, or did you convert them up yourself? I have some FW MkVs myself, and I think they look smaller than yours do.

Thanks! FW revamped their tactical MK V kit a while ago and added some new legs. They are not bigger, it's their pose.

These are bloody awesome mate. Followed!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Awesome stuff mate.

Thanks for the support!

Absolutely breathtaking.

Thanks pal!

C&C welcome.

New guy is rad as is his weapon! Definitely excited to see what else you make to equip these rag tag marines.

And yeah, for that stumpy clone, I guess supplies would be short handed. Haha he haaaaaa...I’ll go now.

The Halberd/Glaive is a phenomenal conversion!

I agree. Great addition to your Blackshirlds. Good idea on having your Blackshirlds use unconventional weapons. Since they have rejected both the Emperor and Horus it stands to reason that they would reject conventional ideas regarding war gear and accepted forms of making war. They have rejected the paradigm presented by the civil war completely so they would be open to new ideas that wouldn’t be considered by loyalists and traitors.

That last Blackshield looks awesome - great choice of bits

Wow, these are fantastic minis Chickenleg, you've got a great eye for posing & colour

I went with the idea of vat-grown Astartes for my Chymerae minis too, although their failings are a bit less visible (undergoing geneseed implantation *after* they're 'birthed' rather than part of the growth process probably helps)

Thanks! Do you have any pictures of your Chymarae? I did a small search but I cant find any of them!

They're unpainted, but you can see them here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320659-clan-brannsar-rises-the-unmakers/?p=4874358

• 2 weeks later...

Another basic Blackshield is done. Nothing fancy, just a rank and file warrior. Former Legion unknown.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/P1270693.jpg

A fast (and blurry?) snapshot of the completed marines.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/P1270711.jpg

The halberd and its wielder look great!

Thanks!! :biggrin.:

Man, that is some seriously cool stuff! Now I definitely need to make a couple of blackshields :biggrin.:

That's the spirit!

New guy is rad as is his weapon! Definitely excited to see what else you make to equip these rag tag marines.

And yeah, for that stumpy clone, I guess supplies would be short handed. Haha he haaaaaa...I’ll go now.

Classy! lol

Simply stunning work!
Hands down the best Blackshields iv ever seen!

Thanks friend! I'm glad you like them.

Thanks! Now I'm looting my bitzbox for another axe!

I agree. Great addition to your Blackshirlds. Good idea on having your Blackshirlds use unconventional weapons. Since they have rejected both the Emperor and Horus it stands to reason that they would reject conventional ideas regarding war gear and accepted forms of making war. They have rejected the paradigm presented by the civil war completely so they would be open to new ideas that wouldn’t be considered by loyalists and traitors.

Thanks. Well said, exactly my thoughts.

Really excited to see what other obscure weaponry you include in this force. Amazing work all round!

We'll see! A lot of options!

Nice work making the blade, the smooth black looks excellent.

Thanks! :biggrin.: I love painting black even tho its a pain in the ass.

Love the newest guy, that power weapon is really cleanly done as well! Can't wait to see the next model!

Thanks pal! It was fun to make.

That last Blackshield looks awesome - great choice of bits

They're unpainted, but you can see them here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320659-clan-brannsar-rises-the-unmakers/?p=4874358

Looking good but they need their paint to really pop! Keep it up! :biggrin.:

Archived