Back to 30k Blackshields: His Red Right Hand

Kordhal

• 2 months later...

@Bjorn: Cheers :biggrin.:

@hushrong: thank you!

@pearson73: Yep most of the helmets come from the MKIV destroyers, really lends the seekers a nice sleek look.

@The Traitor: Ah am glad you found the new thread! You never know might see some void revenants in the future!

@Ryltar Thamior: Glad you like em! The lion helm is actually a splice of an empire general helmet and 30k ahrimans helmet!

@Kizzdougs: ah am honoured you like them!

@Vairocanum: Thank you :biggrin.:

So its been quite a while, thanks to a mixture of hobby butterfly syndrome, burn out and PhD conferences and work. But am now back and presenting my new WIP Blackshield vigilator:

Wx6l1bA.jpg

DS7LeQY.jpg

chqX7IB.jpg

GuGAPkP.jpg

He is WIP at the moment, so any comments/criticisms are much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

@Duskraider: Yeah creepy is exactly the vibe I was going for!

@hushrong: :D cheers man! Its good to be back and making again, and am glad you like the vigilator.

Been on a bit of a building spree and after heading down to Warhammer World picked up the bitz to make a five man weapon-master veteran squad:

These have been made using Siege Tyrant Terminators and the axes from the Phalanx Guardians. For their off hand weapons I imagine them to have milder power fields, not useful for cutting through heavy armour but used so that they can parry and block other power weapons. 

TZFkbUh.jpg

9siNs8a.jpg

6qjT2oQ.jpg

NKVklYM.jpg

DM6fSxJ.jpg

ubtkQoW.jpg

Thoughts and criticisms are always appreciated.

These are awesome! Great to see you churning out quality marines again! My fix was wavering after only getting to see one sweet mk6 marine. :smile.: Like Luna707 said they have a great sense of weight and they have sweet poses. My favorite in that lot is the one charging forward holding a gladius in a reverse grip. That just looks grand!

Excited to see these warriors finished up!

These new fellas look great, the secondary weapons work well with their larger counterparts and give a sense of savagery to the figures; one can imagine them tearing through ranks of mortal foes ripping with both blades at once.

Archived