Sororitas MKII, and all that jazz

bazazatron

What ho!

It's been a year or so since I last updated the old Order of the Forgotten Vow thread, the usual reasons, life fell apart on multiple levels and had to be fixed which doesn't leave much time for, well, anything really. Anyhoo, all sorted now so back in with gusto!

If anyone remembers I was converting up an army of Sisters, and they were coming along quite nicely. Or so I thought until I sat down to continue, after so long away the design I'd gone for just wasn't sitting right with me and I felt they were a bit off. Also constructing an entire army was taking forever even before the dark times hit so I decided to go back to the drawing board.

This time around I'm going with something more manageable in size so for the time being I'll be working on a kill team. I wanted them to have more detail than I was giving them before and to actually have more ornate armour befitting of the the best the Ecclesiarchy can supply (or at least what I can sculpt). I wasn't too fond of the sort of crouching over the toilet positioning of the Dark Eldar legs I'd used as a base either so this meant slicing them apart, pinning them and sculpting new thigh armour so they're standing up straight and pretty much sculpting an entirely new torso. I swear I wrote manageable a minute ago. Suffice it to say this is going to be a slow burner but we'll get there in the end!

Have to admit I've said kill team but now I'm tempted to try for a full squad, no, no, kill team.... hmm.. but squad... gah.

On to the pictures, bit rough and ready in places but she was the first so I'll let her off.

gallery_15988_14282_45076.jpg

gallery_15988_14282_190346.jpg

gallery_15988_14282_6551.jpg

Sister Superior WIP

gallery_15988_14282_95542.jpg

Because I actually want a game at some point this life time I'm also starting a force of Custodes, which I swore I'd just build straight out of the box and not convert. So I mildly hacked him up immediately and did a conversion.

gallery_15988_14282_241657.jpg

Right'o, that'll do for tonight, onwards and upwards!

*Edited because Photobucket are pirates of the highest order!

Edited by bazazatron

I remember your last Sororitas thread, and it seems bafflng to me that you should feel the need to restart them, given the quality of your original models. That being said, if we can expect the amount of quality present in the first couple of pictures on a constant level, then more power to you! :)

Keep up the excellent work!