Death Company v Vanguard Vets for a Specific Purpose

Explorer1

At this point I just wish Inferno Pistols would either get a range buff or a price drop, either one. Heck, I'd be okay with a 9" range and a 3" "Half" range for them. Really, The only reason I pay the points for the one on my captain is for wyswig reasons, and I don't want to spend the extra points on a storm shield. 

Honestly, the only time I have had any success with inferno pistols would be in my sisters of battle army.  My cannoness was able to get a double move with acts of faith to blast an out of position character with her inferno pistol before charging.  Even then it doesn't happen very often.  I really only end up taking them for rule of cool.  

At this point I just wish Inferno Pistols would either get a range buff or a price drop, either one. Heck, I'd be okay with a 9" range and a 3" "Half" range for them. Really, The only reason I pay the points for the one on my captain is for wyswig reasons, and I don't want to spend the extra points on a storm shield.

At 9" the inferno pistol would still have the exact same issue it currently has and that all flame weapons have - you can't drop in and shoot it. Basically, you're either a librarian or waiting till turn two, which isn't great.

I like inferno pistols sprinkled in. If you treat them like shorter meltas you’ll always be disappointed. If you use them pistols that come out of nowhere to wreck vehicles, you’ll always be pleasantly surprised.

With ASM and characters, or even a SG dude with a power fist, they’ve served me well. Once you’ve jumped into the enemy lines you shoot them at alternate targets to what you are charging and the wounds just drop off of things.

Meta guns and chain swords on the vets. If you need a big model busting unit 10 melta guns will do work. Don't get too pigeon holed by our chapter tactic

Vanguard Veterans can't take melta guns. If they are Company Vets, they can, but then (codex-wise) no jump packs for them. Just pointing the distinction as the topic started from VV not CV and both are "veterans".

Index gear is fully legal.