Elzender's assorted projects: mkIIb Land Raider conversion

Elzender

Hi there!

So after quite a bit of lurking, I have decided to start a topic in the Forge to show some of my projects, both big and small. I cannot promise regular updates, as I am quite inconsistent when it comes to building and painting, but maybe posting things here gives me a bit of motivation.

The first thing I want to show you is a project I had in mind for some time, but that I have just started today: converting a GW land raider to a mkIIb from FW. While it won't be a perfect replica, I aim to recreate the sponsons and the fixed hull heavy bolter. I have started with the right sponson, making sure I annotate all measures to replicate it later for the left one.

pcpLnbw.jpg?2

bIPtQLM.jpg?2

aN40tab.jpg?2

pExMgqm.jpg?1

gBGRSV3.jpg?1

The shape is more or less done, just finishing the front part and then I'll start adding the details and filling gaps. I feared it would be more difficult, but it has been quite straightforward (still took me quite some time, but I didn't screw up too much). The left one should be faster, as I'll already have the measures and I'll be able to get all the pieces in one go (bar the cylindrical one :wacko.: ).

If there is interest, I'll post the measures for all the pieces (in cm, sorry Imperial users :sweat: ).

So, things are starting to take shape:

Aknr4F2.jpg?1

vV4uuTe.jpg?1

wmj5SZU.jpg?2

The structure is almost finished, hopefully tomorrow I'll feel motivated to finish it and start with the details. If I get this done soon, I may pick my stormraven to storm eagle conversion I started years ago, it has been gathering dust for years.