FP WIP log - Some Blackstone Fortress WIP’s

Ada

Another update, it’s taken some serious effort to get it here.

I think he’s starting to shape up now.

I’m thinking of doing the mid section steel to break the model up a little.

seYH2Wx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Small update, been working hard on this for a few hours today.

Nz5Gydk.jpg

EDQsiop.jpg

Lower legs being worked on separately, upper back will be entirely covered by the cloak and back back so not to fussed about that area right now..

C&C welcome!!

Coming together nicely. I thought your first attempt was pretty good but the second is hands down better, it’s a fantastic improvement in a very short amount of time. Well done!

Many thanks for your kind words guys, @pearson73, thanks, I’m using the turquoise on the cloak too. Hoping it pays off lol

Got an arm started tonight, feels like a huge leap forward, mind you I’ve put 8 hours into the mini today alone

Bit of a mock up of him so far. The left arm highlight needs to be blended in as it’s quite stark at the moment as do the blends on the imperial eagle above his head but it’s nice to see the whole model together even if only partially complete

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Charlo, I’m chuffed to bits with the progress on the GUO so far.

Some recent pics, almost finished now. Just some OSL to add to the palm of his hand and a few touch ups here and there.

Isc65zl.jpg

4SA586e.jpg

QcCEBFb.jpg

1MQeXiE.jpg

Absolutely amazing. The amount contrast on this guo is astounding. Really liking the choice of colour for the loin cloth and hood, really pops out. The sheer level of detail is crazy, the only thing i would suggest is a bit more highlighting on the back of the tentacles on the outside of the left arm, they currently look a little flat

Absolutely amazing. The amount contrast on this guo is astounding. Really liking the choice of colour for the loin cloth and hood, really pops out. The sheer level of detail is crazy, the only thing i would suggest is a bit more highlighting on the back of the tentacles on the outside of the left arm, they currently look a little flat

Thanks buddy, I have worked on the tentacles again since these photos.

The one thing I’m not overly happy with is the open cuts, they don’t really stand out a lot in the photos

• 4 weeks later...

Archived