Any chance of a chaos knight armiger?

While not exactly the same as a Knight Armiger, and largely dependent on the acceptance of your local gaming group of both Forge World and of Counts As, I believe that a Knight Armiger would make a pretty cool looking conversion for a Decimator :)

While not exactly the same as a Knight Armiger, and largely dependent on the acceptance of your local gaming group of both Forge World and of Counts As, I believe that a Knight Armiger would make a pretty cool looking conversion for a Decimator :)

Okay, I like this idea a lot! Can't wait to get my hands on the kit and look at butchering it a bit!

I doubt chaos will get access to them. For the moment, I hope we don’t unless the rules are in a free pdf. Otherwise, they’ll charge us $40 for a book with 2 units in it.

I’d rather we still get access to them, but in the form of a fully fledged dark mechanicus book somewhere down the line.

Most I'd expect is a Renegade House 'Chapter Tactics' in the inevitable Imperial Knights book that gives them the <Chaos> keyword but I won't hold my breath for that.

I agree of heretic knight houses are included in the imperial knight codex, I'm sure we will have them. Otherwise probably not.

While the model is cool and all it's rules make it a more expensive and worse hellforged contemptor, lower T and no invulnerable save, less weapon options. It's a solid meh for me based on rules. The model looks fine and great conversion potential but for me it's a wait and see. I expect the model to be all over eBay soon anyway.

Huh, I like the idea of getting two of them, swapping weapons, doing some other conversion work, and using them as counts-as Maulerfiends and Forgefiends. It's grown on me over time, but I still prefer a more mechanical look in my Chaos war engines, opposed to the biomechanical (daemechanical?) look that GW has chosen to move towards.

*scribbles another note in his black book of ideas*

Thank you B&C for being an endless well of ideas and perspective. :)

That is absolutely genius. A quick glance at the sprue reveals how easy a leg swap would be. Switch out chicken legs for crab legs and it's gold. Gives a vibe of an unaligned Blood Slaughterer. Get ahold of some mechatendrils, some spare chain and brass icons for good measure, a helping of gargoyle heads, and of course some skulls... Yup. I just may shamelessly "borrow" this idea!

It does have an invuln save, I’m pretty sure.

Your correct it does have an invulnerable my mistake but I still stand by my judgement that it's too expensive for what it brings. Dunecrawler has the same T and 1 less wound for 100 points less. It will find some use but I hope GW reduce its points before Knights get a codex release.

I've been told to expect a Cerastus style plastic Knight kit later this year, I kind of wrote it off when mini knight appeared with a longer striding leg style but the latest rumour picture has me wondering if that's a knight exhaust part? Watch the skies I guess...

It does have an invuln save, I’m pretty sure.

Your correct it does have an invulnerable my mistake but I still stand by my judgement that it's too expensive for what it brings. Dunecrawler has the same T and 1 less wound for 100 points less. It will find some use but I hope GW reduce its points before Knights get a codex release.

I've been told to expect a Cerastus style plastic Knight kit later this year, I kind of wrote it off when mini knight appeared with a longer striding leg style but the latest rumour picture has me wondering if that's a knight exhaust part? Watch the skies I guess...

Can't disagree with you there, it's a bit on the expensive side for sure.

I'm very curious if they're really gonna just add some chaos/renegade options in the codex, when it eventually comes out. Holding off on any knight purchases until then.