WIP 30k Imperial Fists

Having been out of the hobby for about five years I was delighted to return to find that GW had started to make plastic heresy marines. My dreams back when FW started releasing the resin armor Mks was to build a full heresy era force, and this has made it a lot easier.

I don't know anyone who plays 30k, so this will be a 40k armylist but made with 30k models. 

I've also always had a soft spot for yellow models. Its just so hard to paint that in the past I've been limited to gazing with envy at other armies while looking at my own streaky, muddy and lumpy attempts with disgust. However, picking up an airbrush has changed how I paint, and it turns out getting a decent and smooth yellow is really not that hard.  've also been trying to get my hands on as many of the old vehicles as possible, especially rhinos for squad transports, as I'm not a fan of the FW conversion kits. 

So without further ado; pictures!

Current force as it stands

nUkiHNC.jpg

Closeup of the Kitbashed librarian

1LdhE1e.jpg

I know that 30k librarians are a bit questionable, but I need some psychic for 40k. 

MkIII Tactical Squad with Rhino

14DfTLe.jpg

MKIV Tactical squad and Rhino

SBUNYg7.jpg

dNtEuhX.jpg

Contemptor Dreadnought

DAZQP2R.jpg

Predator w/ Lascannons

kL2qoMT.jpg

WIP Tartorous Terminator

WgV2AjF.jpg

I've got an oldschool vindicator pilfered from my old marine force stripped and ready to be painted, as well as seven resin Mk3 marines (to be stripped and then boosted to 10 men) and an unbuilt Mk3 Devastator squad. 

Thoughts?