Greenz'z Chaotic WIP

Greenz

@Gederas: Thank you! I think what was driving me nuts was the mouth looked like it was missing dentures. I made the bottom jaw bigger today, and made the teeth more pronounced. I’m much happier now!

And the snake/ reptilian theme has, to my knowledge, always been a Slaanesh theme. The Fiends, steeds, daemonic mounts, there even used to be a fantasy champ who had the body of a snake. Plus the EC’s corruption begins with the extermination of the Laer, and Daemon Prince Fulgrim is half snake. I’ve just decided to run with it!

You're welcome :lol: Literally, the first thing I thought when I saw the Noise Marine's torso was "If its supposed to be a snake, where's the teeth? Is it going to gum people to death?" :lol:

And the snake/reptilian thing has been Slaanesh's thing, but it's kind of been sidelined, imo, by the bulls and crabs. Thanks to the Daughters of Kaine bringing the fact that Slaanesh corruption made them into lamiae, I feel it's been brought back to the forefront. That being said, I do feel Slaanesh's symbolic animal is snakes. Hell, Slaanesh even sounds serpentine :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so its been a couple weeks, but I havent been idle. First off, my ongoing Noise Marines. Ive completed the first marine, and given myself a good idea of the direction I want to go

med_gallery_71758_14318_6008.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_79584.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_41128.jpg

I can see now that the trim on his lower leg didnt get smoothed out completely. Why does this stuff always show in pics? :wallbash:

Next up, the champ

med_gallery_71758_14318_139615.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_8108.jpg

Still very WIP. I think I said earlier that im bringing the snakes from his chest up across his backpack to form his Doom Siren. I took these pics a few days ago. Since then Ive added a second snake coming up his backpack. So the middle 2 snakes heads will form into smaller speakers. While the outer 2 snakes, closer to the vents, will probably be shaped into hooded cobra-esque speakers. Thats the plan so far at least! Weapons wise, Im currently thinking BP and a power axe, but thats still up in the air

The next 3 marines have been cut, shimmed, torsos added, and greenstuffed up. Trim and other embellishments are up next. Ill probably have pics of them in a few days

So now the traitor guard. Yes, theyve had a revamp. All the Slaanesh stuff from earlier... its gone :whistling: After all the talk on here, I sat down one evening and gave the direction of the army a thorough plan. By the end of it I had more problems than solutions for future models, so I decided to just trash the whole Slaanesh theme. A couple days later while trying to figure out what to do with my DI plague marines, I read up on the Weeping Legion. After reading about the battle where they infected servitors and other AdMech machines with their Sanguous Flux disease, the ideas just came flooding in. So Ive gone back to my original plan of traitor Savlar Chemdogs who've made a pact with a Dark Heretek. I have lots of plans for fun chem artillery, slave experiments, stormtrooper counts-as who are Skitarii mixed with daemons, stuff like that. Im really excited for these guys now!

med_gallery_71758_14318_10735.jpg

And some close ups

med_gallery_71758_14318_65793.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_38360.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_123632.jpg

Liking the new sonic marines, the conversion from the gauss flayer is nicely done. Pity to see you've forsaken Slaanesh for the mortal traitors, however they're looking good and it's much better to find and fall into a theme than to try force one to work.

Thanks for the replies guys!

@Pearson73: Thanks man. Yea a coworker of mine by chance found out I play warhammer, and he had quite a number of old Necron models that he was going to toss, so he gave them to me. I really have no desire to play them, but they provide lots of fun parts like those guns

@Sagentus: Thanks, I’m glad you’re liking these guys! I love working with GS. Its taken a long time to get this far, and I’m still learning new tricks all the time

@Res Ipsa: Hahaha totally fair brother ;) I’m still pushing

ahead with my EC warband. I have lots of conversions planned for these guys. After this unit of Noise Marines I’m going to tackle a Sorcerer, and I’ve been eyeing up my old land raider which might get repurposed. As Pearson said, sometimes if something’s feeling forced, it’s just not worth it. Maybe when GW gets around to doing Dark Mech I’ll take another run at the Slaanesh theme I had envisioned. Right now though I’ve got Nurgle traitors on the brain haha

So there’s quite the ice storm in my corner of Ontario right now. If the kids don’t drive my wife and I nuts with cabin fever, I’m going to try and get some more work and pics done today.

Archived