Chaos Lord Inquiry

Aothaine

Hey everyone! So I've been digging through the codex and making a bunch of different lists on my free time. I was wondering about this Chaos Lord load out and wondering if there was ever a time this much was needed on a Chaos Lord.

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour

Chainfist + Any Shooting Weapon

Mark of Slaanesh

Relic: Intoxicating Elixir

Warlord Trait: Either the Reroll 1s to wound or the +1 attack

Apply Psychic Power: Diabolic Strength

This gives the Lord six S14 AP-2 D2 attacks. Is there ever really a need to go to Str 14? Dropping Diabolic Strength reduces the Lord to five S10 AP-2 D2 attacks. Still a beast and wounding T9 models on 3+ and T5 on 2+. Just wondering what the communities thoughts were on this.

Thanks in advance!

Why a chainfist over a power fist?

What am I missing?

Mainly the lack of models. GW doesn't even have a Sorcerer in Terminator armor but has it in the codex. I was mainly looking at the one Chaos Lord in Terminator armor and it has a chainfist so I put a chainfist in the example.

YMMV?......:huh.:

The Terminator Commander kit is lovely, big fan of that and helps flesh out options for normal Terminator squads!

I like the sound of your Lord but I'm also in the camp of not really thinking that the Chainfist is needed very much? :)

BCC

YMMV?......:huh.:

The Terminator Commander kit is lovely, big fan of that and helps flesh out options for normal Terminator squads!

I like the sound of your Lord but I'm also in the camp of not really thinking that the Chainfist is needed very much? :smile.:

BCC

I just noticed I made a mistake. It is not AP -2. It is AP -4. Makes a huge difference when you're trying to open cans. It is only a few points over the powerfist and offers better AP and you don't have to roll for damage. I like it.