Jump Libby Models and Loadout

Buggane

Hi Guys

I'd be interested in what libby model (or what model if people are being creative) you use as the base for your jump libby? There only appears to be two non-primaris, non-terminator libby models that are current and i'm not sure how they'd look so thought i'd ask the hive mind over here!

Also what weapon do people prefer? The axe seems too expensive but there doesn't seem to be a model with a sword, so you are left with the staff.

Cheers!

B

I recently painted up the dark vengeance librarian and put a jump pack on him, he looks good enough for me. The blood raven one would be cool as well.

I went for the sword it just seems superior to me.

What did you do about the dark angels symbols on him?

I went for this guy with a force axe (middle of the lineup below). Fairly plain but a nice dynamic pose that works well with a jump pack. If I were starting now I would probably choose a Force sword but this guy has been with me for quite a while so I don't plan to replace him.

spacer.gifhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GnGRaHztObA/UHJ5HuYzouI/AAAAAAAAARQ/_Ft8ukAVeJA/s1600/librarianpk.jpg

Edited by Karhedronuk

I recently painted up the dark vengeance librarian and put a jump pack on him, he looks good enough for me. The blood raven one would be cool as well.

I went for the sword it just seems superior to me.

What did you do about the dark angels symbols on him?

I just put green stuff straight over the triangle bit of his chest and cut the left shoulder pad with a clippers, added a blood angels shoulder pad and gave him a sanguinary guard backpack.

I bought the resin Librarian with force axe and plasma pistol, then modified him for B&Z HQ week.

I cut off the axe and replaced it with the relic blade from the Start Collecting Space Marines set to use as a force sword, as I felt the extra points cost of an axe was unnecessary. I went for a sword with a long blade as I thought it balanced the longer axe haft.

A similar thing with the plasma pistol it came with... I just didn't use that arm and instead used spare BA bits to put a bolt pistol there for points saving. I'm not going to overcharge plasma on a librarian and risk blowing him up. BA shoulder pad added for an extra touch.

The jump pack was one from a DC set if I remember right, with some blood drops on.

Wr8nJNS.jpg

Edited by Thoridon

I went for this guy with a force axe (middle of the lineup below). Fairly plain but a nice dynamic pose that works well with a jump pack. If I were starting now I would probably choose a Force sword but this guy has been with me for quite a while so I don't plan to replace him.

spacer.gifhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GnGRaHztObA/UHJ5HuYzouI/AAAAAAAAARQ/_Ft8ukAVeJA/s1600/librarianpk.jpg

Love those 2nd ed sculpts!

You can use any Librarian model, just make sure the jump pack fits. I used the old Power Sword Libby model and put a Sanguinary Guard jump pack on him. As Bremon said I think the Sword is a decent option for a Librarian and keeps costs down a bit after adding in the jump pack.

Turns out I don't have a picture of him though.

I bought the resin Librarian with force axe and plasma pistol, then modified him for B&Z HQ week.

I cut off the axe and replaced it with the relic blade from the Start Collecting Space Marines set to use as a force sword, as I felt the extra points cost of an axe was unnecessary. I went for a sword with a long blade as I thought it balanced the longer axe haft.

A similar thing with the plasma pistol it came with... I just didn't use that arm and instead used spare BA bits to put a bolt pistol there for points saving. I'm not going to overcharge plasma on a librarian and risk blowing him up. BA shoulder pad added for an extra touch.

The jump pack was one from a DC set if I remember right, with some blood drops on.

Wr8nJNS.jpg

This seems like a relatively easy conversion for someone who has never done one, was the left arm separate anyway or did you have to clip it off?

If I remember right the left arm with the model was a separate piece, with the arm / pistol / shoulderpad all in one. I think it had a little "lump and slot" thing to connect the original arm but I clipped and filed that down so the flat plastic arm would attach simply.

The jump pack didn't need any modification, it fit on just fine. The only thing you have to watch for is making sure you don't use a shoulder pad that's too bulky with bits sticking out at the top that would get in the way of the jump pack.

If I remember right the left arm with the model was a separate piece, with the arm / pistol / shoulderpad all in one. I think it had a little "lump and slot" thing to connect the original arm but I clipped and filed that down so the flat plastic arm would attach simply.

The jump pack didn't need any modification, it fit on just fine. The only thing you have to watch for is making sure you don't use a shoulder pad that's too bulky with bits sticking out at the top that would get in the way of the jump pack.

I would recommend putting the jump pack on first to make sure the pauldrons will fit under it.