Weird Costings in Forgebane

Hey folks, I was assembling my Knights from forgebane and went to remind myself of the points cost of the knights so I can knock up a test list ... Some of the basic costs of the units in the back for forgebane have changed , Perhaps this is an indicator of things to come .... Or just bad editing...

Rangers per model  8 points  .... back to its old pre Chapter approved price?

Enhanced Data tether  9 points .... chapter approved has it at 5, the dex was also  9 

Heres the big one though

Transuranic Arquebus   14 points , Codex is  25 and So was CA

Thoughts ? if this is the case moving forward based on the incoming FAQ
even if rangers do go back to 8 points per model i can see me running way more Tua's

Edited by synthaside

I wouldn't be very surprised if Rangers got a little more expensive. Vanguard were statistically better against most targets in 7th, but cheaper. Now rangers are slightly better against most targets, but cheaper. Maybe they'll finally get this nailed down!

Huh, that is odd. At first, you could chalk it up to production schedule having the print material done before the changes, so it has the old points for Rangers and the Tether, but then the TA at 14, where the heck is that from? Yes, the 11 points saving is quite nice even if the Rangers return to 8 each. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

It's possible the changes were also specific for Forgebane games.  One of the missions specified in the fluff blurb that they had TAs so maybe they changed the price just to make them fit.  The Necron Wraiths don't match the Index or the Codex, which I'm not sure is intentional or not.  I haven't looked much at the rest, though.

All very odd indeed , but supposedly gw balance on power rather than points ...?? It's odd but technically as this is a legal points source, bring aka the only book for the armigar it's setting a dangerous precidence ... Or perhaps it's just sloppy editing

I have a feeling that the Forgebane stuff was written, and printed a long time ago. By the time the stuff hits production it's possible the written material is very dated as far as rules that are very dynamic in 8th.

I'm totally guessing though. The only thing that makes me think this way is the Warglaive feels dated out of the box. 

Ah my bad. I meant when is the coming FAQ likely to drop? Next few weeks you folks think?

The point values on the armigers do seem a smidgeon high

They said "in March" in their update timeline post. So, my guess is it'll drop Saturday with the Necron codex, but that's completely a guess.

I have a feeling that the Forgebane stuff was written, and printed a long time ago. By the time the stuff hits production it's possible the written material is very dated as far as rules that are very dynamic in 8th.

I'm totally guessing though. The only thing that makes me think this way is the Warglaive feels dated out of the box. 

Given the reality of lead times, the potential for delays for any number of reasons causing potential release reorganization, it's completely probable.

Have a look at the copyright © date on the Armiger sprew to get a better sense of when the 3D model was complete and/or when the casting die was cut and you might be able to get an idea if it's been waiting its turn for a while.

My guess, this is it. The box is old, and except for the transuranic arquebus, all points values are pre-Chapter Approved. The sprues were made 2017, which would probably mean that when the box was printed, CA was not out yet. These points differences aren't what's to come, it's what was back before CA.