Kastor's reposed Imperial Knight with a wrecking ball

I'm well known to hate the stupid stubby legs and the dreadfully static pose of the default IK kit. That's why I challenged myself with a repose. This is zero plasticard, purely cut and swap. My idea was to have them bend backwards when fullystraight, similar to the new small knights and other AdMech kits. That's when the knee armour rides up to guard the piston top, by default it guards the joint.

When I'm done with it, it will be in the Warden-esque configuration, with magnetized weapons. The "CCW" will be grabbing the chains of the Skaven Plague Furnace wrecking ball, swinging it around for another smash. That's my way of reflecting both the Warden CCW tossing rule and the Stomp rules.

I'm considering making it a Templar knight or just a unique House because it will have two Armiger friends.

Because some people asked before about the knee / joint articulation and armour:

Just like in real life plate armour, there's mobility and give. It's held in the same place by the top mounts and rides up to cover the piston when the leg is in that position. By default it rests to cover the joint.

What's visible is literally the full range of motion for them anyway - by default (standing upright) lifted to cover the piston, in movement lowered to cover the ball joint from enemy fire.

rX1v97s.jpg

JulIl0B.jpg

RdIfTQM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the Knight - sorry for the blurry pics, it's hard to keep it together like that, all magnets and unglued parts and no blutac in the house, lol :biggrin.:

There's A LOT that is magnetized - top weapon mount with the furnace stand in, the "elbow" so that I can add the chainsword as well, the head mount, head armour mount, shield mount and tertiary weapon mount, as well as the "hand" of the Warden type. They all swivel :smile.:

mD89bk6.jpg

IhvcYC4.jpg

lQ7Zt0k.jpg

IJEIutm.jpg

kkCmzhr.jpg

It's not permanently held in that intermediate place. In current position, it can either be held by the hand or "dribbled" to avoid smashing forward each step. Alternately, I assume this intermediate spot is a magnetic lock which can permit holding the chain in the hand and wrecking with it as if it were a short flail / morgenstern, using the arm swing and hip rotation for it to gain momentum.

Also, "a magos did it".

• 2 months later...

Archived