New Forge World plog. Update 4/11

Theduke08

Greetings!

With Forgebane and the fantastic deal contained within I couldn't pass up the opportunity to start a new army... again.

Here is my first Ranger test fig.

41105394471_b345f565d2_z.jpg

I still need to add a couple washes and pick out all of the details then come back with some highlights.  Im planning on adding some light weather effects as well. 

Thanks for looking.

Any suggestions on what colors I should make the cables and lenses? Maybe orange lenses and yellow or black cables?

Orange would play exceptionally well with the green for the lenses.

Yellow is nice as a mid colour to add some depth and not overpower anything too.

You could potentially sneak a tiny bit of purple in there too.

I finished painting everything but im really struggling to decide on what kind of base to use.  Im debating diamond plated plasticard or going with a dried mud look.  Any suggestions?>

Sitting in the same boat as you right now. Have you taken a look at the Necromunda bases yet? I got a pack of them here and they fit thematically pretty good with AdMech

They look like this:

99070599001_Necromunda25mmBases02.jpg

That is my struggle as well. It's hard to make that industry look. I'm thinking about buying some large bases that would work with the Necromunda ones i.e. these:

junk-city-bases-round-60mm-2.jpg

or something like this:

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/tech-bases/8771-60mm-round-tech-base

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/steel-plating/12217-1-beveled-edge-60mm-steel-plating-01

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/ancient-bases/51445-ancient-bases-oval-60mm

So yeah those are the options that I have been thinking of. It would either be that or go old school and just base them with Martian Ironearth for example...

Have you thought about using a tile with miliput,pressed. Miliput a 60mm,a cross the top,and making sure the miliput is wet press the tile or even wall piece. I am not sure if I am being clear about this it's just an idea.

I have sorted out my bases and im in the process of finishing my first one.  Ill post a picture of it as soon as my matte varnish shows up. 

Here is a really poorly lit photo of a rangers head....  The green and tan color are a lot more vibrant they are just very washed out in these photos....

26310334397_7b583e79ae_z.jpg

And body.....

26310334957_52f066023a_z.jpg

Is the Ranger in olive drab to camouflage himself, or to uphold some tradition, e.g., olive drab is the legion colors? For the former, he should dull the metallic surfaces of his weapon and his augmetics, so they won't reflect light and draw enemy attention.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  These figs are a pleasure to work with!  Lots of fun and tons of cool detail!

This will be the primary color scheme for the Forgeworld so this is not camo for the rangers.  Im writing up some backstory about this forgeworld.  They are going to heavily use ceramics and more natural materials which is why the main colors are going to be green and a stone color.

I think this will be relatively easy to extend throughout the rest of the army.  Im going to use the stone as the primary color on most of the armor with the idea that its a ceramic composite and ill be using the green as an accent color.

Archived