Dark Eldar Stratagem, "Agents of Vect"

Explorer1

It will change the way we play, but we can make decisions at deployment to help negate this. Forlorn Fury will be a much lower risk way of getting DC into combat, for instance because if it fails to go off the Dark Eldar player has already used more CP that you and if you've deployed carefully the Death Company are still fairly safe.

I was just saying in another forum that it's a very strong strategem but is hardly broken in large part because it's so expensive. We'll just have to account for it very carefully when playing against Dark Eldar but that's just the price of playing 40k. We already have to think about stuff like Early Warning Override, don't we?

True - adapt and overcome and all that, but I'm finding it hard to be philosophical about it when I've just built an army that kinda depends on delivering 2 big units of DC into combat using DofA.....!

You're right about Forlorn Fury, because it won't work on that, but I was never a fan of forlorn fury. It really depends on going first to work well.

40kDrukhariPreview-Mar30-AgentsofVect10t

Yea, that is one of the most powerful Strategems in the entire game, for sure...but it's not (quite) OP because only a single sub-faction (Black Heart) can use it, it's 3CP, and mercifully (if you can ever say that about Dark Eldar)...you get the CP refunded for rolls of 2-5.

Already me thinks of ways of baiting a DE opponent to blowing this early and then pulling off a key one.

This one and the Custodes' bikes ability to counter-charge are two of the hardest counters to BA for sure, though.

DE are turning into a force to be reckoned with, for sure.

Yea, that is one of the most powerful Strategems in the entire game, for sure...but it's not (quite) OP because only a single sub-faction (Black Heart) can use it, it's 3CP, and mercifully (if you can ever say that about Dark Eldar)...you get the CP refunded for rolls of 2-5.

Already me thinks of ways of baiting a DE opponent to blowing this early and then pulling off a key one.

This one and the Custodes' bikes ability to counter-charge are two of the hardest counters to BA for sure, though.

DE are turning into a force to be reckoned with, for sure.

Nah, the smart Dark Eldar player will hold it for the threat they know then need to avoid. Also, If you check one of the other posts Dark Eldar can take patrols so they can mix and match all the kabals and everything together and still get amazing CPs from it. Another thing to note is that this does not require a range to the target. This is table wide and will be used to put Stratagem abusers in their place. I love it. Perfect counter to those Slaanesh Cultists, Cpt Smashypants and a few other things.

Edit: This is what happens when I get excited and don't read all the threads before I post. Good job Ornithologist!

Edited by Aothaine