Company veterans loadout

I have a squad of 4 with plasma guns plus the sergeant with a combi plasma, all with jump packs. I also wanted to go with melta guns, but I chose plasma in the end cause you are in rapid fire range from a deepstrike, but you're not in melta range. As for the shields, my opinion is if a unit can take storm shields, it should, or else you should be running a unit that cant. My guys dont have them, but thats cause I was really new to the hobby when I built them, and although it was suggested to me, it felt stupid to have marines holding plasma guns and stormshields. (it still does :P).

I run a small squad of 4, with 3 Plasmaguns the sgt with a plasma pistol and chainsword. Its the result, largely, of using models from previous editions where you had to take a Champion and a Sanguinary Noviate, and also trying to keep something already quite expensive from getting too much so. 3 guns is enough to do the lifting, but I'd prefer a 4th.

Given we're BA, they're veterans with 2A, and they're Jump Capable, a ccw on either the Sgt or another Vet isn't a bad plan. I would prefer a Power Sword, but the model has a chainsword, and the extra attack is great for zero points.

I run a small squad of 4, with 3 Plasmaguns the sgt with a plasma pistol and chainsword. Its the result, largely, of using models from previous editions where you had to take a Champion and a Sanguinary Noviate, and also trying to keep something already quite expensive from getting too much so. 3 guns is enough to do the lifting, but I'd prefer a 4th.

Given we're BA, they're veterans with 2A, and they're Jump Capable, a ccw on either the Sgt or another Vet isn't a bad plan. I would prefer a Power Sword, but the model has a chainsword, and the extra attack is great for zero points.

Kinda the same, I bought the command squad, but 8th hit before I finished it, so I made them into vets with plasma, 4 instead of 3 and my sarge has a power fist instead of a chainsword. I'd also prefer it if he had a power sword now that I know more about the game, but I'm not gonna bother changing it.

For cheap-as chips go chainswords + stormbolters and jump packs. Enough dakka and punch to do hurt, yet cheap enough to not be afraid to dump an HQ’s wound on them.

My go-to tends to be 3-4x dudes (for cost reasons) with 2-3x plasma+chainsword and Combi-plasma+Power sword on the Sgt. Very good DoA Squad that the enemy is not planning for.

I could see myself using some Storm Bolter Company Vets coming out of a drop pod with Mephiston.  You're adding a bit of firepower plus potentially some additional wounds to Mephy if you decide not to charge him in with Wings. (the drop pod is annoying for the enemy because they can't target him if the drop pod is closest!) The Vets could also become a relatively cheap rear-guard for a counter charge, or something like that.

I'll further advocate using jump pack chainsword/stormbolter vets. These guys have completely replaced assault marines in my armies. Very cheap for what they can do. They're especially deadly vs hordes but they can deal with most infantry pretty well especially with Red Thirst. I take 10-20 in every list now.

My only warning on things like Jump Packs is that they are an index option (for some insane reason) so will not be usable at some point in the future. Could be once all of the 8th ed codexes are out, could be once we get 9th edition - no one knows.

But I'll agree it seems something like Stormbolters & Chainswords absolutely eat hordes for breakfast.

Something like 2-3 man special weapon jump teams are also quite fun for target saturation.

Archived