Resin Valhallan regiment incoming. (Victoria Miniatures)

Ranulf

Just a heads up for the Valhallan Ice Warrior fans out there - Victoria Miniatures previewed their new Svargan Shock Soldat line at Adepticon and Victoria has said she's hoping to have both the male and female squads available online in late april. 

In the photos so far these guys look fantastic and no mistake, if the cast quality is up to scratch, I'm sold. 

Pics so far:

29872900_1408613819175076_54456193862426

29063922_1400265066676618_31599948626980

29103955_1389713957731729_28046306304948

-Ran

Victoria Miniatures store website

Not available to buy just yet. (late April) I'd imagine price will be the same as the other regiments - 10 man/woman squad for 49.99 USD. Vic has said that it’ll be a single gender per squad rather than mixed.

More details are on the facebook page: Victoria Miniatures Facebook page.

If the range follows the pattern for other releases, heavy weapon squads with crouching legs and different arms will be released later.

-Ran

She does great sculpts!

Unfortunately they are still resin which is a pain to work with.

They're super detailed too!

Hopefully not too detailed. I had a few issues painting Vic's gasmask/goggle heads because there was too much detail in a small space, highlights/shading was a nightmare.

As for resin, yeah, it's a pain - maybe if Vic sells a half million units she'll spring for an injected plastic mold. :wink::tongue.:

-Ran

Hopefully not too detailed. I had a few issues painting Vic's gasmask/goggle heads because there was too much detail in a small space, highlights/shading was a nightmare.

As for resin, yeah, it's a pain - maybe if Vic sells a half million units she'll spring for an injected plastic mold. :wink::tongue.:

-Ran

Haha there might be a reason I've only painted 4/24 of the models I have of hers... ;)

Actually its really only 4/10. The rest I haven't painted because I have no urgency for a second squad of vets or more commanders right now.

If she started doing plastic.... /dreams

Spectacular.  Although I must say it is incredibly regressive for you to assume their gender like that!

:wink:

All troopers will adopt the gender assigned to them by the Departmento Munitorum. Any concerns, queries or complaints can be directed to the office of your Regimental Commissar. 

tumblr_mj4gv8kQbC1s60s7go2_500.gif

- Ran

Nice Ice Troopers, rifles have sort of a neat SKS profile to them. She does some nice scope/sight bitz too.

I give positive reviews on Victoria Minis - nice line for the converter minded too. Ive even mixed in Pig Iron and Maelstroms edge parts with them for some troopers.
Sometimes the universal winter arms can leave gaps but it can usually be fixed with a bit of green stuff.

I *really* like these, but I do wish that her chainswords had some sort of little motors on them - those riveted L brackets look really bland.

Agreed, a lot of the weapons in her ranges are a bit subpar (IMO, these rifles are her best lasguns) but then you do have to consider the ever present issue of infringement of GW’s IP if things look too similar.

I just wish GW had allowed Sergeants to take a Lasgun as a weapon option.

-Ran

@ Ran:

I get that, but even a little vent on either side of the L would have looked better without "IP issues". :(

I like the Mk3 lasguns she does - they're a nice melange of RT and 2E designs, and I've ordered a few to see them in person. I also like the AK-style lasguns, and the lascarbines are very cool too. But I do agree that some of the other weapon designs are less appealing.

We must have similar tastes in weaponry Major - I don't mind the Mk3 and Carbines either but the Mk 1 and 2 are ordinary and the plasma gun doesn't ring my bell. I quite like the Flamers and GL - they're a bit DKoK.

If I get these guys, I'll probably swap in Cadian or even the plastic 30K MKIII Chainswords depending on scale.

The flexible ammo belts are also pretty sweet for tooling up veterans - though there doesn't look to be room for them on the Svargan troops.

You will totally need this Ranulf

Ha! I just received an order from Artel W, but it was the Inquisitorial bundle instead. :laugh.:

You can still buy the 'not' Ferik Jurgen, but the Commissar Cain mini was removed after the GW cease and desist letter.

The Jurgen mini would still make a great Officer's aide in a Valhallan army if the scale is right - the other minis I got were very small compared to most 'heroic' 28mm figures. 

- Ran

I use Victoria Miniatures as my go to source for squads. Not cheap but it's the best fit for my civil war themed army.

I'll throw this one here so I don't need to start a new thread. Has anyone considered using her beastmen squads ad ogyrn replacements?

Archived