What Warhound weapons for 8th edition?

I'm kicking around the idea of getting a Warhound, primarily for modelling purposes, but maybe to play once in a while (i.e. "rarely").

I'd probably get it with 3 weapons and magnetize.

What combination of 3 weapons should I get that will function best on the tabletop, if it ever makes it to the tabletop?  What's good in 8th these days?

For those not in the know, it's:

18" Heavy 4D6 Range S7 AP-3 D4, Hits Automatically

With a 24" move on the Warhound you can pretty much delete anything that isn't a super-heavy. Even against a Knight you average about 12 Damage (from just 3 unsaved hits!), enough to 50% it, one more wound and it's down to basically useless stats. But then you add on another one and that's a Dead Knight!

Not to mention the Hitting Automatically means your Titan is at 100% offensive efficiency until it has lost it's last wound.

I saw some battle reps with the plasma deleting Land Raiders, so what role would the turbo lasers play?  Just for anti-SH work?

And would the mega bolter be of more use against hordes than the flamers?  I haven't seen any of the 8e rules for Titans, so I'm in the dark.

The turbo laser just deletes superheavies. Last game a friend fielded a warhound, it overkilled a baneblade by quite a few wounds with ONE TLD, never got to shooting the other.

Mega bolter might be decent against hordes, but 2D is wasted on hordes, 20 shots are wasted on smaller elite squads. I'd prefer the inferno gun for damage output, only downside would be the greatly reduced range. It all depends on the board, on regular 2x3 fields the flamer is ultimate, on apocalypse board the range of other guns might be more useful.

For those not in the know, it's:

18" Heavy 4D6 Range S7 AP-3 D4, Hits Automatically

With a 24" move on the Warhound you can pretty much delete anything that isn't a super-heavy. Even against a Knight you average about 12 Damage (from just 3 unsaved hits!), enough to 50% it, one more wound and it's down to basically useless stats. But then you add on another one and that's a Dead Knight!

Not to mention the Hitting Automatically means your Titan is at 100% offensive efficiency until it has lost it's last wound.

Not to mention overwatch. Please, I beg you, assault me.

Average damage of an inferno cannon versus a knight is (furiously does math) 12.44. Both arms reliably kill one if it charges you!

Archived