Arc Riffles

I also stick them into my Ranger units from time to time. If you take 5 man units just to deny deepstrikes and block attackers, why not spending 4 points extra for a better gun. 24" range also works with the Galvanic Rifles compared to the 18" range of Plasma.

I love it and take a few with me in nearly every game.

Problem is I haven’t had a chance to have a game with my new ad-mech army, I’m going to go with Lucius Dogma.

Now that I know Arc Riffles are more of a viable option I can include them as a small skirmish unit in my rangers.

Currently got 10 vanguard (3 plasma), 20 rangers (3 arquebus and 2 Arc Riffles), 2 onager dunecrawlers, 2 tech priest dominus. Just wondering what else I need to make a competitive/ viable army.

Was thinking of using the deep strike stratagem on the 10 man vanguard squad

Was thinking of using the deep strike stratagem on the 10 man vanguard squad

YES

Just do it, it is worth it.

Also fun to drop 3x10 Vanguard with Plasma and a Dominus for the rerolls. You are able to clean up a lot in just 1 go. You will loose a lot of them in return fire, but that keeps your other units save.

Thought about using the solar flare relic as well on a tech priest dominus and possibly some infiltrators too.

Dont overdo it.

1. You need to place half of your army on the table during deployment

2. Even with such a strong mid-range force, imho Ad Mech always wants a solid fire base

So my advice is something like 3x10 Vanguard with Plasma, 1 Dominus for reroll 1 and maybe 10 Jazzhands. Thats 63 Radium shots, 18 Plasma, 30 "Taser" shots plus the Dominus, all with reroll 1. Enough to get rid of a lot of stuff. Add an Enginseer and this is a Battalion on its own granting +3 CP.

Back this up by a base of Neutron and Icarus Onagers (I think they are better than Robots in this case since you have enough low S shots but lack a bit of a punch against tougher targets) and a Dominus. Give him the Monitor WLT to maybe recycle the CP you spent for putting units into reserve and use him toegether with the Enginseers to keep the Onagers alive. Add some cheap Rangers to screen your fire base and / or Servitors for even more Dakka and there you nhave another 3 CP.

Fill the rest with whatever you like... Dragoons recomended, I alway get so much out of them !

Models  already ave for my solid fire base are:

2 onagers (magnetised so can be either neutron laser or icarus)

3 5 man ranger squads each with and Arquebus

1 5 man squad with 2 arc riffles ( more advanced than the rest of the rangers but hopefully deployed within range for buffs etc.)

2 Tech-Priest Dominus 

for the advance infiltrating/ deep strike part:

10 Vanguard with 3 plasma

So were looking at possibly adding in a dragoon to advance up and support the deep striking vanguard. All that would come to 20 points less than 1000 points. For the next 500 points to work on what would you suggest to strengthen the army as I can see a problem with moving around the board grab objectives, thought with 500 points I instantly thought knight errant. What do you think?

I tend to have one vangaurd squad with plasma, then another 2-3 sporting arc rifles.

My plasma squad gets deepstruck with stygies to deal with nasties whislt my arc rifles run and gun onto objectives.

The arc rifles, although not super strong, are cheap, do help lay on additional wounds/extend the range of the unit slightly. And they can help with light vehicles on good rolling, although its annoying having to troll fives (although that only really annoys me on the heavy arc rifle...which should really be S7)

Had a look at the new FAQ, and been thinking about the vanguard options mentioned and have come up with this:

Forge World Lucius

HQ

Tech-Priest Dominus

Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe

Tech-Priest Dominus

Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe, The Solar Flare

Tech-Priest Enginseer

Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm

Tech-Priest Enginseer

Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm

Skitarii Rangers

Omnispex

. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): Transuranic arquebus

. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle

. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers

Omnispex

. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers

Omnispex

. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Rangers

Omnispex

. 2x Ranger (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc rifle

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Vanguards

Enhanced data-tether

. 7x Skitarii Vanguard

. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver

. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine, Taser goad

Skitarii Vanguards

Enhanced data-tether

. 7x Skitarii Vanguard

. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver

. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine, Taser goad

Sicarian Infiltrators

X5. . Stubcarbine & Power sword: Power sword, Stubcarbine

Sydonian Dragoons

. Sydonian Dragoon: Taser lance

Sydonian Dragoons

. Sydonian Dragoon: Taser lance

Onager Dunecrawler

Broad Spectrum Data-tether

. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler

. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler

. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, neutron laser

Not sure if this is competitive enough but if I were to split this in 2 battalions I’d get 13 command points :)

Archived