Workin' Dorn up

Someone wanted me to paint Dorn up as a gift for a friend, so started with the usual, scrub in soap then fressh for mold release, then a nice walnut undercoat

IMAG2582.jpg

I had this cloth pattern in my drawer forever, thinking it might be good for nurgle vehicles, but now i might try it as a marble vein pattern on the slab of stairs

IMAG2584.jpg

I over-sprayed on the test paper trying it out, easily avoidable...but it looks promising

IMAG2585.jpg

Bought me that Vallejo alcohol paint metals just for this and future projects...did a copper undercoat then a old gold overcoat

IMAG2587.jpg

getting base flesh down still on the sprue

IMAG2589.jpg

After adding white gold and Minitaire Oil Discharge ghost tint...this stuff gives a oil-blue sheen to metals that's hard to top...

IMAG2591.jpg

Doing the cloak on the sprue...bought a silver paint fine-point marker today and man it worked nice for this detail work,,,

IMAG2596.jpg

Chroma ebony airbrush paint for the joints

IMAG2595.jpg

Dorn really needs to work on his hair-style lol

IMAG2593.jpg

Gotta clean up some gems and add his loin curtain, but then on to the base work..

IMAG2601.jpg

IMAG2600.jpg

IMAG2602.jpg

Watched a video from some Hispanic gals on Youtube, didn't understand them but their marble painting method helped me, first attempt turned out pretty good. Grey paint sponge-smeared on black, then white veins added, followed by two coats of Miniatir Ghost Tint Green..should really make Dorn's gold armor pop, and the chaos marines on the steps will be iron warriors, so they should show up well,too. Didn't use the template, wanted to go freehand.

IMAG2605.jpg

IMAG2606.jpg

IMAG2607.jpg

Archived